Will all the feeling ever come back?

sassyscorpio
on 10/11/11 8:55 am
I had my face lift in the middle of May. I am disappointed that my face is still numb. The feeling came back around my cheekbones but not around my jawline or anywhere else. Anything below my cheekbones is completely numb. I am worried that it's always going to be this way.

Does anyone know? I am not having much tingling like I did in the beginning which I was told was from the nerves growing back. Is this as good as it gets?

band 12-29-06     revision  to sleeve  Alberto Aceves  4-29-09

I love my sleeve!!

Lost 107 lbs and maintaining

Posted Image

Crazeru
on 10/11/11 10:30 am
Mine was mid-Jan.  It takes time.  I have feeling now across my cheeks.  Just a little around my ear at my jaw and under my chin and right at the top of my ears towards my temples are still a little numb.  I'm putting lotion on my face several times a day.  As I rub in, I do feel some tingly stuff going on.  Same with my arms.  The LBL is still numb all the way around.  Nipple sensation came back around 4 weeks.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

waitinggame
on 10/11/11 11:18 am - Bowie, MD
Good information. I have a lot of numbness from my LBL all the way around and from my low back down to mid thigh. There are spots that feel like they may be trying to come back, but not much. When I sit it feels like I am leaning against a tennis ball or something and lying on my side just plain sucks, and I'm a side sleeper so I am totally bummed about that. I have one nipple that is hypersensitive and one with nothing. I guess one of two isn't bad! :)

Thanks for sharing!

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

Renee2007
on 10/11/11 11:21 am - Central, FL
 My face seemed to take longer than my other procedures. It does take time. I still have some numbness from my tummy tuck and thigh lift that I think will be permanent. It's not bothersome but it's there. I just have certain spots that have a lot less feeling than others.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Iam_with_the_Band
on 10/11/11 12:01 pm
I have a lot of tingling and stinging on my cheeks.  Behind my ears it's still very sensitive, but not numb.  Really don't have any numbness left on my face.  I do still have numbness on my arms that were done almost 2 years ago.  I kind of wish I had numbness on my face, since the tingling can be quite painful.  My BF pinched my cheek in gest the other day and I almost cried.  I got tears in my eyes and he felt really bad.  It hurt!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Iam_with_the_Band
on 10/11/11 12:01 pm
Oh BTW, I meant to ask, are you happy with your results?

Bonnie ABC
on 10/11/11 8:18 pm - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
I think everyone is different.  My ears are still numb, it's been almost 18 months later.  The 'T' of the tummy tuck is still numb.. everything else is good.

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
cleos_mom
on 10/12/11 10:32 am - phila., PA
sometimes it comes back & sometimes it doesnt. my belly is still numb 3 1/2 years, face is 1 1/2 years  parts of my cheek r still numb, u get used to it
Susan
proudauntie
on 10/12/11 11:24 am - Honolulu, HI

It takes awhile.  I had my neck and face lifts on March 5th.  I'm almost back to normal.  After exercising, my neck still is sensitive and the longest to recover on my face is behind the ears. 

Iam_with_the_Band
on 10/12/11 7:44 pm
The ears are the absolute worst for me too!  They still hurt a lot - especially when I'm washing my hair!

Most Active