Had my tummy tuck last Monday thing called Dog ears???

Valerie K.
on 10/31/11 2:49 am, edited 10/31/11 2:58 am - Dearborn, MI
 I had my tummy tuck last Monday. i was told and was reading on something called dog ears. Wondering when they get fixed after this surgery. mine are big well i think they are big does anyone know what i am talking about? 

and when they get fixed how do they fix them and is it  out patient surgery? 
My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

rhidunn
on 10/31/11 5:26 am - Annapolis, MD
I had some dog ears on my incision - and while they seemed really big at first they ended up going away probably about 1 month or so out.  My PS said that if they didnt it was a procedure he could do in his office with a little local anesthesia -- basically just "tucks" them in.  Don't fret about it until you are more healed and the swelling goes away -- and trust me, the swelling lasts a lot longer than you think.  Everytime I thought I was "done" i shrunk a little bit more.

Covahboy
on 10/31/11 5:39 am - Euclid, OH
I had my tummy tuck last May 2010. My tummy is super flat but the sides (Love Handles) where super big still. So this Friday I will be going in to have them removed and also lipo, to make sure everything is gone. it's out patient  and I can come back to work on Wednesday but taking the whole week.

I'm alos having it done at a surgery center and not the hospital this time. Way cheaper the doc told me. Good Luck on your tummy.

I'm living this surgery and not letting the surgery live me...

imkim
on 10/31/11 7:46 am - Chatsworth, CA
I am getting ready to set up an appt to have my dog ears removed. It is going to be done as an out patient as well. Just using a local. I had my tt in February.

Good Luck with yours!!!

Kim
Linda-K
on 10/31/11 9:11 am - New Port Richey, FL
Congrats on your surgery!  I have heard of "dog ears" but I guess I don't have them cause I really don't have a clue what they look like!

Best of luck to you and continued good healing :)

Before/Current/DrGoal/MyGoal      279/183/175/155
Most Active