Thigh lift question

2muchfluff
on 12/18/11 4:12 am
 Is there a type of thigh lift that does not involve major scarring?  I ask this because, due to drooping skin running almost to the knees, I have been wearing longer shorts to cover this.  If the removal of this skin would result in large scars, I don't see how that would improve things enough to wear shorter shorts.  Any input would be appreciated.

LuckyBella
on 12/18/11 5:17 am
Hi! Yes. There is a thigh lift procedure that only results in a scar in your groin. It's been hard to pin down a name for this but search mini or medial thigh lift and you will find it. However, you're talking about skin sagging down to your knees and in all the research I've done that means that a full thighlift with a scar from your knee to your groin would be necessary. I feel your pain. Who wants a scar?! But take a look at before and after pics and you will see how nice and faded most scars turn out. Good Luck!
newalpha
on 12/18/11 6:26 am, edited 12/18/11 6:43 am
Hi, I just had a mini thigh andLBL on 12-8. My PS refers to it as a crescent cut thigh lift. It is in your groin crease and would be easily hidden. If a person mostly has inner upper laxness, you could get by with it. But think about a person getting a LBL that has massive vertical and horizontal extra skin. A single horizontal incision would not address the other problem. Kind of a crude explanation. When you take your consults ask the tough question. Know EXACTLY what the anticipated outcome is for anything your considering. People worry about scars, with time they will be faint compared to when you bend over and everything hangs down. Sorry to be so graphic. But you selecting the appropriate procedure(s), depending on your commitment to fitness and nutrition can take you to a place that you thought was unattainable. With minimal effort you will still look like a new person.

Steve
Lee ~
on 12/18/11 6:32 am - CA
 Last week I had a lower body lift with full thigh lift along with other work.

I wear Bermuda shorts and am thrilled to be rid of the fat pads in the back of my knees.

I swim and would prefer (I hope) the scar to the hanging cottage cheese thighs.  I had two liters of fat sucked out of mt thighs and saddlebags.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Iam_with_the_Band
on 12/18/11 7:10 am
the type of thigh lift you get is dependent upon how much skin you have to remove.  the groin only scar is not going to work for someone who has a a lot of excess thigh skin.  it's really only for the fat pad or skin pad that is just below the groin area.  you should do some consults and see what the surgeon suggests for your best result.  the thighs are tough to do because of your mobility.  if you have skin that runs to your knees you will most likely require the long thigh lift.
I had this one and believe me the scar isn't that bad. Yes it is noticeable if you're looking for it, but you can wear shorts and in time, if you are fortunate to scar well, it will lighten.  Mine is so much better than the excess skin that I don't mind the scar!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

maryposa
on 12/18/11 9:40 am - Orange County, CA
 My surgeon is Dr. Agha and he does something called a spiral thigh lift that does not leave the vertical scar yet corrects some of the vertical laxisity.  It is much more effective than the regular medial thigh lift.
Follow my progress on youtube!
(Lost slowly and painfully from 355 to 275 from 2007-2009, then started gaining again before scheduling surgery!  Best thing I ever did! :D)

MikeyMike
on 12/18/11 10:55 am - New York, NY
I had a LBL. So I can't really comment on the scarring involved in a thigh lift. But in reading your question it reminded me something that two different doctors said to me when I was doing consults.

Both said no matter what I do there will be some scarring. There's no avoiding it. What you have to make a decision on is whether you want to live with the scars or the excess sagging skin.

I'm four weeks out from my LBL. The incisions (360 degrees around my whole mid section) are still some what fresh but I can say without a doubt that if the incisions don't fade (which they will). I would gladly take the scars over the excess skin.

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

2muchfluff
on 12/19/11 1:16 am
 Thank you everyone for your comments and advice.  I need to add that if I pull my skin up around the top of my thigh as if I were wearing a large garter, everything looks fine.  Maybe I can just find me a pair of large garters to wear!  Ha.  Then they would probably cut off circualtion and would also make a spare tire around my thigh, too.  Oh well, I will ask all these questions when I see a surgeon, just thought I would check with someone who had been there, done that.  Thanks again.

proudauntie
on 12/19/11 5:06 am - Honolulu, HI
Hi - I had a thigh lift about a year ago that does 3/4 of the way to my knees. I know have a thin white line where the incision was made.  Most of the clothes I wear cover them.  If the scars bother you, you can check into have them removed with laser treatments. 
Most Active