Breast Augmentation Pain - OUCH!

sotto_voce
on 12/21/11 2:04 am - Alpharetta, GA
Hey Folks!

I am 10 days out from my Upper and Lower body lift and am feeling pretty good. My energy is a roller coaster, but the pain has been really manageable. Before surgery, I was super scared about the circumferential incision for the lower body lift. That has been NO problem at all. Instead, the most painful part has been the breast implants. I was woefully under prepared for that!

I was a 36 A/B before surgery and had never had large breasts, even when at 338 lbs. I was still a B cup then. We went with 457cc silicone implants under the muscle and that was supposed to give me a full C, although I was thinking I'd likely end up with a D cup. I did not have a lift of any kind.

Wow, it is like I have 2 hard rocks on my chest, directly under my collar bones. I know it takes a while for them to drop and I am trying to convince myself this is normal by watching YouTube vids, etc. I just wasn't ready for the upper projection to be so dramatic. I am using my chest strap and compression bra. I massage and squeeze the breasts daily, but I haven't seen any real change in 10 days. It still feels like they are at the top of my chest and under my arm pits. I can even wiggle my nipple and real breast tissue around, as it is located UNDER these 2 rocks. LORD!

I saw my surgeon yesterday who initially chastized me for not wearing the strap. I corrected her and told her I'm wearing it CONSTANTLY and massaging, too. She said I might just be one of the ones who takes a full 3 months or so to drop. Lord. 

Anyway, I guess I am looking for sympathy or the experiences of others who have gone through this. I will upload a side view of my boobs to my profile so you can see what I mean. I will take more body shots at 10 days out later tonight.

Thanks so much!

Bethany

pixielee
on 12/21/11 8:41 am - Twinsburg, OH
Bethany,  sorry you are having so much pain with your breasts.  I had my BL/BA about 7 weeks ago. mine dropped around 3 weeks, but I am also 47 years old and have nursed a child. (makes the tissue a bit more used to gravity!) All I can say is be patient. I was at first thinking my implants were too big. Now I love them. Good luck and I hope things get better quickly for you.

Kate

Suite1
on 12/21/11 1:51 pm - Dayton, OH
I'm having a lower body lift and breast augmentation in March so I'm very interested in how things progress for you.    I spoke with a neighbor last weekend who had the BA and said she was back to work in 2 days with no problem, but I can't believe that's typical! 

Didn't realize there was a "drop factor" involved.  Still need to do more homework I guess.   thanks for sharing your situation - consider it paying it forward for those that are in your wake!

Good luck with the recovery.

tg
HW:  280  SW:  262.5  CW:  150
  GOAL!!!!   One week shy of my surgiversary!

LBL, TT, BA on 3/2/12 - Dr William Rigano  

JustLookingToo
on 12/22/11 4:54 am - AL
 I've had MANY surgeries over my 51 years of life, and I can say without a doubt, my saline implants that were half under the muscle (at the age of 32) were BY FAR the most painful recovery I've ever experience! OUCH!! It took probably six week for things to totally settle down, but I was much better after the second week, so things should be improving for you quickly. I'm having an explant and a lift with no implant replacement next month, and I'm hoping the pain is not nearly as bad for that surgery. We'll see. Feel better soon!

BROWNEYES_24
on 1/19/12 11:34 am
Bethany I contact your ps office and asked about doing a upper and lower body lift and the receptionist said the doc dont do both at same time. I dont think they understand that I am not trying to get breast lift. I just want my side rolls and upper back fat gone with lower body lift. Who should I talk to what am I saying wrong.
Plastic Surgery by Dr. Sauceda August 2012, lbl,upper body lift,inner thigh lift,arm lift,and butt auto augmentation!!!!
sotto_voce
on 1/23/12 4:21 am - Alpharetta, GA
 try calling it an extended brachioplasty instead of upper body lift.

I just scheduled with them, stating that I was a weight loss patient and wanted to discuss my options with the surgeon. Said I was most interested in lower body lift, breast implants and brachioplasty. Then, during the consult, we discussed what she could do at the same time.

Good luck!

Bethany

Most Active