How to deal with a plastic surgeon that did a butcher job???

Brenda J.
on 12/25/11 2:30 am - Tweed, Canada
had plastics one year ago, and he butchered me.  Dog ears on both sides of abdomen and bad tummy tuck, i have been so depressed for the past year, and now we are going to meet in a few weeks.. how do i deal with this man?   I also paid for LIPO and it took him a few weeks to admit there was no lipo done at ALL !!!!  I AM REALLY depressed about this, he is in Scarborough, ONTARIO
JustLookingToo
on 12/25/11 3:49 am - AL
 Wow...so sorry that you are having to deal with this. I really have no advice at all since I'm not familiar with Canadian law, but wanted to say that I hope you find some resolution. It's just such a hard thing to deal with no matter where you are, as it would be really tough to let the same surgeon that you have ill feeling about work on you again, and that's usually the solution that is offered. I hope others will offer some suggestions. I suppose you could go to the "realself" website and post this question to some of the physicans over there to see what they suggest. 

kate789
on 12/25/11 4:09 am - Colorado &, NY
 Ugh. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this.  This guy sounds like a total A-hole (pardon the expression). It's one thing for a doctor to "accidentally" not give you the results you expected but it's another to actually say he will perform something, make you pay for it then not do it and lie about it for weeks. I think the mixture of your unhappiness with his results + the fact that he had you pay for a procedure you didn't receive is enough to complain BIG TIME or threaten to sue. I'm not really sure how the whole legal system and malpractice works in Canada but I say you be completely honest with him and tell him this is NOT what you paid him for (was it insurance or out of pocket?). He should at least reimburse you for the lipo since you didn't get it. This is a tough situation and I wish I knew more. It might help to get a professional opinion from a lawyer, as well as a consult from another (reputable) surgeon to prove your results are sub-par. Do you have a copy of the legal paperwork you signed when you got the work done? If you can prove he broke that contract then you'll have more to support your argument. To be honest I think if you make a loud enough racket and he gets scared that you'll go public or take legal action he might be more willing to make you happy. Sorry, if it seems like I just over reacted... I know everything is easier if the legal system can be left out but if I were you I'd at least be very vocal about how displeased I was by his work and his lack of honesty- scare him a little.

If you want to get corrective surgery done I would suggest you let another surgeon fix his mistakes (he may offer to fix it himself at no charge or something) because your body deserves the best care and attention and he has already proven to be an idiot.

Again, I'm sorry you have to deal with this. It's so unfair and such a hassle.
I wish you all the best with everything and I hope you ultimately get the results you deserve! 
 Kate 

kate789
on 12/25/11 4:12 am - Colorado &, NY
 I just looked up Canadian Medical Malpractice and found this: http://loc.gov/law/help/medical-malpractice-liability/canada.php

Who knows, maybe it will give you something helpful. 
Most Active