chronic pain

nursegal132
on 1/3/12 10:08 pm - CALGARY, Canada
I had a TT 18 months ago, and then my arms and boobs lifed 15 months ago and on the side the resident did I have had severe chronic pain.

Looking to know if anyone else has had chronic pain issues following any reconstructive surgeries...I still have to get my thighs done but right now im a little gun shy.

thanks so much

JustLookingToo
on 1/10/12 1:25 am - AL
Ouch. I'm going to reply, mostly to bump this to the top in hopes that someone who knows more might be able to help. I know that many people were busy traveling and stuff during the holidays, so many posts went without replies.

I am really sorry to hear that you are having problems like this. I can say that I have had many surgeries, and with some of them, I do have occasional aches and pains that come and go, but nothing too severe.

For instance, I had breast implants that are half under the muscle, and were put in around the areola. I have always gotten occasional burning/stinging type pains that come and go, but nothing too severe. Probably not even severe enough to call it "pain". I do have one area where I can feel a valve on the implant. It is close to the skin, and it pretty much hurts all the time. I have mostly gotten used to it over the years, and only notice it when I touch it or my dog jumps on it or something like that.

I don't think severe pain is common, but I'll be interested to hear what others have to say. Is your pain in your breast area? Has the surgeon offered any suggestions for resolution so you don't have to continue to be in pain?

Most Active