Ready to talk plastics...LBL, tummy tuck, augmentation, options options!

brownblonde
on 1/9/12 1:41 am
 Hello friends.

I am now over 19 months out and have been losing very slowly now for the past 6 months.  I've lost about 12lbs. in that last time frame.  I have not been working out and I would still like to lose another 10-15lbs.  Still, I am looking at plastics seriously now and thinking possibly this summer.

Here are is my reservation and I would like to know if you had the same and if so how you approached it:

My greatest fear is that I will never be satisfied.  I was pretty happy with myself before surgery and indeed I could live happily in this body.  But I also feel like I'm so close!  And why should I not obtain a flat stomach any more than someone who had one naturally?!

I am most intently looking at a tummy tuck.  My skin is destroyed with stretchmarks and excess skin and no matter what I do I will never be able to wear the coveted bikini.  My holdback is that I do want children and don't want to ruin my surgery.  At the same time if I have the surgery I want the benefit of it now, while I'm in my 20's!

Even without wls I might have considered breast augmentation.  What started out as A cup are now deflated A cup.  I have absolutely no volume on my upper breast.  I'm not even that opposed to being small--but I don't like having nothing.  Again with the children thing--I assume it's okay since it's under the muscle.

Can you have TT and augmentation done at the same time?  

Also, what is the thought behind LBL?  That includes TT, yes?  I do have inner thigh skin, though it's not terrible.

And any recommendations on what I should do before moving forward with this as far as what should sway my decision?
Thanks!

Michelle E.
on 1/9/12 3:33 am
You can have a TT and BA at the same time.. Mine are saline and under the muscle.

I am glad that I didnt do the LBL cause the healing from my TT, BL(breast lift), BA (breast augmentation), Lateral Thigh lift (outer thighs/saddle bags)with Lipo, is tough enough. At least I can hunch over to reduce the pull on my incisions. With LBL you really cant cause of the incision in the back..

My inner thighs are wrinkly but at this point.. I wont consider this surgery until at least year from now..

I believe that if you/we keep our progress in perspective, we will be happy with our bodies..After I heal from my PS, I intend to hit the gym super hard. I am going to get my thighs and arms in the best shape possible and go from there.

Michelle
Lisa D.
on 1/9/12 4:51 am - New Orleans, LA
Good work on the weight loss!  I think you should talk to your gyn and PS before you set your surgery time line.  I don't know if you are already in a situation to start having the kids but it seems like it would produce a better long term outcome to have the kids first, then the plastics.  But I have no kids so I don't know exactly.  Just saying...
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

cme
on 1/9/12 8:12 am - Lyman, ME
VSG on 10/18/07 with
I am not sure about a tummy tuck before kids, but ask and see what the Dr's say about it.
I just had a tummy tuck & breast lift w/ implants a week ago and I could not be happier. Now my recovery has been better then most, but the worst part has been the area that the drain comes out of.
As for breasts, most people can still nurse with implants even if they are over the muscle. Under the muscle is much more painful and takes a little more time to heal.
Good luck to you.

VSG 10/18/07 HW 231 GW 150 CW 147
Been maitianing same weight since March 23 , 2008
Plastics w/ Dr Sauceda Jan 02, 2012 Tummy tuck, Breast lift w/ implants.

Raven300
on 1/9/12 8:34 am
 "Also, what is the thought behind LBL?  That includes TT, yes?  I do have inner thigh skin, though it's not terrible."

The LBL does what an extended tummy tuck does in that it addresses the skin and tissue the entire length of the abdomen (hip to hip). It doesn't stop there. The incision goes completely around the patient. This means that it pulls up your butt, your hips, your outer thighs. It improves the look of the front and back of your thighs to some degree. It doesn't touch the inner thigh area.  

It isnt too early to get some consults - even though you want to lose another 10-15lbs.  Good doctors get booked out early. I suggest talking to some surgeons now so you can continue your research and so that you have a better idea of what will or won't work for your skin situation.  Also, you will some estimates of the cost and you might need time to prepare for the cash outlay.

HW-345,SW-300, CW-144lbs.  DS 5/11/10. 
     First round of plastics with Dr. LoMonaco 11/8/11  LBL, BL. 14lbs of skin removed.
     2nd round with Dr. LoMonaco 2/8/12 Brachioplasty, Thigh lift,  Breast Implants.

Most Active