Butt Augmentation - IMPLANTS

Brenda J.
on 1/9/12 10:12 pm - Tweed, Canada
One very honest doctor (Dr. Grossman of Manhattan) said not to get them, as they are taken out often... but suggested fat transfer, I don't have any fat left!!  Anyone out here ever got Buttock Augmentations?  (why aren't there emoticons with butt implants LOL?)
JustLookingToo
on 1/9/12 11:50 pm - AL
Hmmmm...the surgeon that I'm seeing in Pensacola, FL does Buttock implants, and she's really conservative, so I'm surprised to hear that some docs don't like doing them. I have never heard that they are often taken out, but I would imagine that's probably true. I have read over on the makemeheal site (as lots of girls over there are looking for butt enhancements), that the positioning makes a huge difference in how well people do with them. I read something the other day from a girl who said that her implants were postioned under the muscle, or in the upper part of the muscle(or something like that but can't remember) so that when she sits down, the implant moves up so she's not sitting directly on it. I do remember that she had hers done in Mexico.

Lots of those girls are having great success with fat transferrs, but many of them are actually having to gain weight before the surgery so there is enough fat to transfer, so if you don't have any fat, I think you are correct that it would not be an option for you.

I also read about another option that people are doing, and I cringe when I read of people doing this, but it's called PMMA. It's not approved in the U.S. and apparently can be quite dangerous. Anyone considering that should read and read, because it can cause death initially, and no telling what it might do to a person years down the road.

Michelle E.
on 1/10/12 12:44 am
I spoke to 2 PS about the Fat transfer thing to enhance my face or bust...They both dont and will not do it due to several reasons that were all too scary to recall..

Interesting thing is.. I dont see many butt implants as an option noted on most plastic surgeons websites..

Although, my rump could use more roundness, I can certainly step it up in gym once I am fully healed from my PS

Michelle
Laura in Texas
on 1/10/12 1:02 am
I had what my surgeon calls "buttock auto-augmentation" where they used tissue removed from my lbl and position it in my butt (not fat lipoed from other areas as they do with brazilian butt lift). I love, love, love my butt. Had I not had it done, my butt would be completely flat. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

JustLookingToo
on 1/10/12 1:12 am - AL
Laura,

How are the scars with this type of augmentation? I have seen breast reconstruction done from flaps of skin and fat, and I'm wondering if what you had done is the same type of thing, but done on the butt rather than the breast? Sounds interesting (and probably expensive?).

Laura in Texas
on 1/10/12 2:27 am
Well, I had it done in conjunction with my lbl, so there are no additional scars. Mine was $3000.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Lee ~
on 1/10/12 1:34 am - CA
 I had two liters of fat lipoed from my thighs and saddlebags.  The good fat was filtered and put into my tush during ny LBL.  I love it. 

A few days later I had a facelift.  I was way too gaunt in my face. Dr. Sauceda took fat from below my knee (the spot was puffy from wearing a cast for a long time two years ago) and put it into my face.

That was only a month ago so we will see how it holds up.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

JustLookingToo
on 1/10/12 1:48 am - AL
Lee, 

I'm dying to see some "afters" of your facial work! I know it's way too early to tell what your final results will be, though. I bet you look GREAT!! You looked great before, so things could only have gotten better.

Lee ~
on 1/10/12 1:56 am - CA
Thanks!  I haven't put up pictures because it takes the swelling in the face awhile to go down.  At one month I'm starting to look more like myself again.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Iam_with_the_Band
on 1/10/12 1:45 pm
I'm like Laura.  I had a LBL and a Flap Auto Augmentation.  I love my results.  I know with fat transfer via Lipo - it doesn't last longer than a few year.  The Flap Augmentation does last.  It really doesn't do much for the lower cheeks, but it does round out the top.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Most Active