Brachioplasty and Thight lift together?

milania
on 1/12/12 12:40 am - Spain
Has anyone had these together and can you tell me of your experience? My surgeon has told me he will do these together and am wondering if am doing the right thing as I won't have a lot of help. How did you cope and can you give me any tips that might help? thank you. x
Lisa D.
on 1/12/12 9:10 am - New Orleans, LA
I had TT and brachio done Fri and I have had no problems at all.  My Mom came Fri and I had to send her home Saturday! 
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

paranoidmother21
on 1/12/12 10:11 am - Lake Zurich, IL
My surgeons said only if I demanded it - and after having them done separately, I'm glad I did!

I'm a fast healer with a high pain tolerance, but when your legs are done you use your arms to lever yourself in and out of chairs. When your arms are done, you do everything with your legs.

If they're both done at the same time, how do you move?

Personally, I'd separate them. I did have LBL, BR/BL, and tummy tuck with the arms, and that was fine, but I'm glad the legs were at a different time.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

Lee ~
on 1/12/12 10:30 am - CA
 You can see what I had done in my signature line.  My core is very stong from taking Pilates twice a week since last February and doing tons of crunches at home.  I also walk a lot.  Those things helped me. From day six I slept in a flat hotel bed.  It hurt from the stomach tightening my surgeon did.

Lay flat on the floor.  Raise up to sitting without using your arms or legs, just stomach.  Can you do it?  Raise yourself up and down on the toilet without your hands.  How's that?

For me I wanted one recovery. I'm very happy I combined my procedures.  It's totally possible.  I'm 61. 

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

cleos_mom
on 1/12/12 11:12 am - phila., PA
good Luck to you. I had it all and the thighs was the worst not saying I m sorry that I did it cause I am not , I m so happy  and the arms was the easiest but I couldnt put a lot of weight on my arms after surgery and u need ur arms to lift u up when u get ur thighs done,.,  you can do arms & belly cause u can still push up with ur legs. it can be done u just need some help for the first 3 or 4 days home
Susan
Renee2007
on 1/13/12 12:22 am - Central, FL
 I had them done at the same time and it is manageable. You will probably need a little help the first couple of days and like was mentioned in a previous post, it really helps to have a strong core. Sit-ups and crunches can help to build that.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

loverofcats
on 1/13/12 12:53 am, edited 1/13/12 12:55 am
Other exercises that help to build the core are compound moves used during weight training, planks, captain chair moves (in the weight room), TRX is a total body resistance training tool and is a total core workout, exercises performed on a Swiss ball, etc. It doesn't have to be just crunches. Performing a variety of exercises can help to strengthen the core. My core is pretty strong and I really don't do very many crunches. It became stronger doing a variety of exercises. I can raise myself from the floor with my stomach without assistance of my arms or legs.
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

milania
on 1/16/12 4:17 pm - Spain
Thanks for your replies everyone. I have a friend who has said she will help me in the 1st week to 10 days so have decided I am going to have it done together, hopefully very soon. Will update. Have a good day. x
Jamie A.
on 1/16/12 10:56 pm - Columbus, GA
 I am actually scheduled to have them both done this coming Monday (January 23)...less than a week! I am so nervous! But this is my final step.  I had my breasts and tummy tuck done at the same time and that has been 6 years...I have saved cash to pay for this...was going to get arms done first, but my schedule is so crazy that I really don't have time to have two recoveries.  Any advice on what to expect?
Most Active