update on my bl/br

alla B.
on 1/14/12 3:31 am
Hi,
I just had breast lift/redus\ction on January 6.
Well,  what can I say? I woke up from surgery w/out any compression with insicions covered.
I had pain under mt\y breasts as somebody put a fire.
Even my  morphione pamp did not helped.
I was in hospital for 1 night. I do take only tylenol right now, pain is much better.
My sides are very big, I hope it is swelling.I do not wear any bra, compression and I am not really comfortable with my new breasts. They are lokking much better then before.
I was cup H and now I am DD, I do not know about band size yet, it was 40 before surgery.
I just feel a littlie depressed now but it should not last long.
Thank you.
Alla

PART 1 VSG  03/28/2006;  PART 2   DS  01/31/20007

JustLookingToo
on 1/14/12 5:14 am - AL
Hi Alla,

Yes, it's TOTALLY normal to go through a depression after any surgery, and it is usually at it's worst around the time span that you are in now. Also, it takes a while to get all of those meds out of your system, and it can make you feel really bad, both emotionally and physically.  The good news is that you should begin to feel better very soon.

I'm sorry to hear about the pain that you were in. From the accounts that I've read, I don't think that much pain is typical. I hope not, anyway, because I've got to have a breast lift and tummy tuck very soon. I will say, I had breast implants put in 18 years ago, and I was SHOCKED to find out how painful it was.

You will be swollen for a while, so that is probably swelling that you are seeing. Maybe someone who has been through this recently will comment. I stayed very swollen in the abdominal area for about six months after just a RNY revision that was done lap, so I can only imagine how much swelling you have right now. 

I bet you will love your new breast size and appearance after you heal some more. I had a lift around the areola when I got my implants years ago, and they looked awful for a few months. Lots of redness, puckering, swelling, scabbing, and stuff like that. They totally changed shape once they were healed. 

Just hang in there a little longer, and you'll feel much better, both mentally and physically. Glad your surgery is over and that all of that pain will soon be a distant memory.

Lynn

alla B.
on 1/14/12 7:02 am
Thank you very much for your kind words. I need them now.
Alla

PART 1 VSG  03/28/2006;  PART 2   DS  01/31/20007

Most Active