Hey PS vets...possible stitch abscess? Sorry gross pics

aubiefan143
on 1/14/12 11:58 am - herndon , VA
RNY on 01/26/10 with
Hey y'all, I need an opinion since this came about on a holiday weekend. I have one little spot that is really sore and red. It looks almost blister like. I have had it a couple of days and earlier I noticed some clear liquid started coming out. I pushed a little and more came out, then it was a little blood mixed with clear liquid. I never saw anything that looked like puss, but I can't help but think with all my reading on this board it sounds like a stitch abcess. Just looking for a "second opinion" and how long I should wait to call the Dr. I am guessing they are closed  until Tues. and don't really want o page the Dr on call. What to do but turn to my OH friends.
Sorry the pics are a little gross, but I gues most of us have seen it all.
Thanks y'all

Penny
Highest weight 275 
Surgery weight 241
Goal weight 145
Current
  weight 143 (after TT and Thigh lift)   

Michelle E.
on 1/14/12 12:17 pm
Clear liquid is a good sign.. I would clean it real good hydrogen peroxide, apply antibiotic, apply pressure bandage with non stick gauze, binder and go to the dr as soon as possible.
Amy Smith
on 1/14/12 1:29 pm
I second Michelle!  I was going to say wash with Ivory, cleanse with saline solution, dry it well, put bacatracin and gauze, Then your garmet of course!
Iam_with_the_Band
on 1/14/12 2:29 pm
If you start a fever, anything greater than 100.0, you need to go to the ER or Urgent Care.  If you have pain or increased swelling in that area with increased redness, go to the ER or Urgent Care.  I would be really careful and keep it very clean.  Wash your hands diligently before and after touching the area.  You don't want to introduce any bacteria. Use a clean QT for each application of your Abx ointment.  And like Michelle says, "cover it" with sterile gauze after washing it well.

It doesn't look bad at this point, but it can become bad before Tuesday.  If you feel any malaise, check your temp and go to the ER.  Okay?

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

godzilla
on 1/14/12 4:17 pm - Israel
I would email or iPhone the pics to your PS and see if there is a response sooner than T.
Mikimi in Israel
Laura in Texas
on 1/14/12 10:11 pm
I never had any spots that oozed, but when I had small openings, my surgeon had me use xeroform gauze on them. Worked like a charm.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Iam_with_the_Band
on 1/15/12 6:23 am
Hijack Laura!
Hey YOU Sexy girl!  I love your new Avi!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Laura in Texas
on 1/15/12 9:10 am
haha.... thanks, girlfriend!! 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

LolaB
on 1/15/12 12:03 am - NY
VSG on 01/23/13
I agree with previous posts, clear iiquid is ok. If you're still concerned tomorrow call your md. Most md offices are not closed on Martin Luther King Day. Try to not push on/arond the area too much, it will just cause more drainage from disrupting the tissues and increase your risk for infection.

"If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete." Siddhartha Gautama

aubiefan143
on 1/15/12 7:59 am - herndon , VA
RNY on 01/26/10 with
Thanks y'all. I got a very small amount of puss last night. Still very red and sore. I will be calling tomorrow hoping to email pics to my Dr. to get an opinion if I need to go in or not. They are about an hour away.

Penny
Highest weight 275 
Surgery weight 241
Goal weight 145
Current
  weight 143 (after TT and Thigh lift)   

Most Active