Any one had experience with dermal fillers

MrsClaus09
on 2/13/12 8:29 pm, edited 2/13/12 8:30 pm
I was JUST coming on here to ask the same thing!!!! I met with a dermatologist yesterday regarding a facial filler for my tear troughs...he suggested Restylane. I am seeing another for a 2nd opinion as soon as I can get an appt. Looking forward to hear what others on here have to say!

ETA - I was quoted (by the first derm) $600 for one vial of Restylane...his feeling is that's all I should need to take care of my troughs.
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
ChaChaCha
on 2/16/12 6:51 pm - Cleveland, OH
I've been on the Botox wagon for the better part of 3 years.  I have it placed in my forehead and around my eyes.  I see a more noticeable improvement in the forehead than around the eyes and therefore am considering eye work in the near future.  I've also had injections of Radiesse around my mouth (also known as nasolabials or "laugh lines").  After I lost weight I lost so much volume in my face which pronounced this area on my face.  Perhaps THE MOST CRITICAL thing you can do before getting fillers is asking your Dermatologist or Plastic Surgon how he/she handles the numbing ahead of time.  My Mom and I both had fillers from two different plastic surgeons and we had radically different experiences.  She did not receive ANY numbing agent beforehand and she said it was the most painful thing she's ever felt.  I, on the other hand, receiving numbing injections on the inside of my mouth AND there was a numbing agent in the filler injection, too.  Makes a HUGE difference.  I won't ever consider getting this done again without both numbing agents.  Expect bruising for about a week afterwards.  I massaged the areas constantly througout those days and armed myself with a good concealer from the MAC counter.  One more thing...some physicians price botox by the unit and some price it by area...make sure you confirm how they charge.  As for fillers, I think I paid somewhere close to $1,000 for 2 vials of Radiesse.

If anyone has questions, PM me.  I'm more than happy to help.  And I am counting down the days until my LBL and butt augmentation this upcoming Wednesday!  I'm even getting some more botox at my follow-up appointment :)
          "We live in a society where it's more socially acceptable to be a junkie than it is to be overweight."     --CC Deville, guitarist for Poison    
He who can't be Named
on 2/17/12 10:40 am
Love botox, but have had poor experience with fillers, like DARK bruising that lasted almost 6 months (apparently the iron in the blood left a stain under the skin, so the ugly bruise that took about a week to smear from the nasal fold down to my chin, looked like something dark running down my face for 6 months). 

That was bad enough, but the filler didn't even fill the low spot, and in fact left lumps under the higher spot beside the trench, making it even more pronounced. I went to a reputable dermatologist, not a home party or something stupid. Even if there weren't problems, after several of those treatments, you'd be better off getting some nips or tucks for the cost. I still have the lumps, and it has been 3 years since I had this done.

Botox on the other hand, is miraculous.
Some times dingle berries are the lowest hanging fruit.  
Most Active