Any one had experience with dermal fillers

Melissa K.
on 2/13/12 10:08 am
 I am looking at dermal filler options for my face as my face has aged dramatically due to loss of fullness...lots of extra skin, depressions in my cheeks, and deep smile lines.  I am not ready (too young) for any kind of surgery on my face.  

Every plastic surgeon I have gone to seems to use different products (e.g., Radiesse, Restylane/Perlane, Juvederm, etc.) and they all have different reasons for it. 

Of course, I have done my usual Internet research but anyone with experience/advice here would be appreciated.

Pura Vida
on 2/13/12 11:10 am - Costa Rica
Hi Melissa, I am fighting the dragon too, I am soon 37, and as you can see I have a youthful face, this is directly credited to Botox in forehead and crowsfeet every 4 months and restylane in the smile lines and also to plump up my lips since I had those awful vertical lines around my mouth. I am super happy with my Botox/filler regimin and can highly recommend it!

Heather
dasie
on 2/13/12 5:57 pm
How painful are those injections.  My dermatolgist recommended both fillers and botox...this was before I began considering PS.

JustLookingToo
on 2/14/12 1:41 pm - AL
On February 14, 2012 at 1:57 AM Pacific Time, dasie wrote:
How painful are those injections.  My dermatolgist recommended both fillers and botox...this was before I began considering PS.
I had 40 units of Botox put in my forehead, and honestly, it did not hurt AT ALL. I could not even feel the needle or the medication. I've heard that fillers are worse, probably because of the thickness and also if put in sensitive areas like the lip. 

JustLookingToo
on 2/14/12 1:37 pm - AL
On February 13, 2012 at 7:10 PM Pacific Time, Pura Vida wrote:
Hi Melissa, I am fighting the dragon too, I am soon 37, and as you can see I have a youthful face, this is directly credited to Botox in forehead and crowsfeet every 4 months and restylane in the smile lines and also to plump up my lips since I had those awful vertical lines around my mouth. I am super happy with my Botox/filler regimin and can highly recommend it!

Heather
I agee, Heather, with the Botox recommendation. I had the worst verticle line between my eyes, and several horizontal lines in my forehead. I had 40 units of Botox put in those areas, and I was AMAZED that those lines were gone within a week. It's been over four months since I had it (that was my first ever Botox treatment), and the lines are still gone. Amazing stuff. If it can erase all of the lines in my 51 year old face, it would do wonders for you younger girls. I've never tried any fillers, so can't comment on those (yet). 

dasie
on 2/14/12 8:13 pm
Is 40 units alot, and how long does it last?

JustLookingToo
on 2/16/12 1:28 pm - AL
I don't think that's a lot of units, but not sure. The surgeon said that she could try less since it was my first time, but said that she gets good results with 40 units, so I told her to go with that. Guess that's what she uses on everyone. I think that what I had is considered two areas, but I'm not sure. I had the area at the top of the nose (in between the eyes) and the rest of my forehead done. It's finally starting to wear off, but I can tell that I have some left. I'd say it's about 2/3rds gone at this point. I had it done on 09/20/11, so it's been holding well for going on five months for me. It's different for everyone, but I've had very good results with it.

Lisa D.
on 2/13/12 11:20 am - New Orleans, LA
I had Juvederm a few years ago and spent $2000 and you couldn't tell any difference. 
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

dasie
on 2/13/12 6:29 pm
I wondered.  My dermatologist recommended that.  I thought after spending that amount of money a few times I would be better off having a face lift.

Pura Vida
on 2/13/12 7:04 pm - Costa Rica
It's pricey to repeat the injections, Botox every 4 months and fillers every 9, but I don't need a facelift yet ( even though it would be cheaper, probably) , when the time comes that Botox can't hike up my brows, then I am going to have something more permanent, the worst pain is the lip injections, oh they hurt! But I love not having lips that resemble an anus! Hahaha
Most Active