worst thighs ever

Kilaani
on 2/22/12 2:04 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Wow, I was given this link and this woman's before and after are even more remarkable than I've ever seen: http://plasticsurgerybodycontouring.com/most-extreme-makeove r.html

I think this Dr. might be worth a consultation. I had heard of him and the spiral lift before, but had also heard he may not be able to make enough happen, but clearly, the above link shows differently.

Jill - revision - band to DS 3/10/05 Dr. Baltasar, Spain
440/140/149  hw/cw/gw - 5'5" -300lbs -- bmi 73.2 to 24.8 :) GOAL MET 10/26/10!!.... Even made 140 September 2012. Been ranging 4-6lbs from 144-146 since then. Back to 140 December 2012, hoping to see it again after I feel better and start working out. 

SuperRN597
on 2/23/12 12:42 am

I have no recommendations as I am still in the fact gathering and consultation phases of my plastics journey.  I look much like you did when you started.  My thighs are not to the degree of yours and I don't have the knee issue, but I understand what you are saying about the jeans.  I am not sure that I want to have the thigh lift with the rest of the surgery because of the pulling in different directions of all the incisions...sounds painful and maybe not have the best results with the scarring.  But, I am definitely sure that delaying the lift will give me the same issue that you are dealing with now.  I have always had a small waist in comparison to the rest of me.

I just wanted to say that you look fabulous!!  I hope that when my time comes, my outcome is as good as yours is.  I agree that it is hard to see the healthy person that we become when all we can see in the mirror is the melted mess on the outside.  My journey will not be complete until I have taken care of the outside, too.  While I know I have not failed, I feel that I have not succeeded and met my goal until it is all done.

Hope you find someone to do your thighs as well as the rest of you has been completed.

Sharon 
Consult date 1/11/10   Weight 398.5     Surgery date 3/1/10  Weight 374
HW 400+     CW 196.6    Dr. GW <200   My GW 150

Raven300
on 2/24/12 7:39 am
 Hi!  I know I am late in responding to your post, but I was in Houston recovering from thigh surgery and couldnt figure out how to respond on my ipad.

I had my thighs done with Dr. Lomonaco in Houston.  He specializes in massive weight loss patient's plastic surgery and is familiar with the difficulties associated with our skin and our issues. I know for a fact that he deals with patients with lymphodemia as I encountered some previous patients with rather severe cases that Dr. L was able to work on and get good results.  I also know that he works with some rather extreme situations. For example, he worked on a womans thighs whose thighs were so large that they were causing her to waddle when she walked. It was so severe that her orthopedic surgeon sent her to Dr. L to reduce the thigh size since she was wearing out her hip joints.

He is an outstanding doc and quite easy to consult with by email.  It wouldn't hurt to send him your pictures and see what he has to say.

The thigh surgery is not as severe as the LBL surgery. I spent 2 nights/3days in the hospital with the LBL and went home the same day with the thigh lift.  5 days post thigh lift, I went shopping in the mall for 3 hours.  It is much easier to recover from although I absolutely needed someone with me for the first several days. With the arms and thighs done at the same time, I couldnt get myself out of bed without help.

I traveled from another country for my surgeries.  
     HW-345,SW-300, CW-144lbs.  DS 5/11/10. 
     First round of plastics with Dr. LoMonaco 11/8/11  LBL, BL. 14lbs of skin removed.
     2nd round with Dr. LoMonaco 2/8/12 Brachioplasty, Thigh lift,  Breast Implants.

Kilaani
on 2/24/12 2:09 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Thanks for your response! I've heard several give Dr. L good reviews. I wish he was a bit closer. It's very good to hear the thigh lift was easier for you than your LBL. ;)

Jill - revision - band to DS 3/10/05 Dr. Baltasar, Spain
440/140/149  hw/cw/gw - 5'5" -300lbs -- bmi 73.2 to 24.8 :) GOAL MET 10/26/10!!.... Even made 140 September 2012. Been ranging 4-6lbs from 144-146 since then. Back to 140 December 2012, hoping to see it again after I feel better and start working out. 

Laura in Texas
on 2/24/12 9:12 pm
So glad to hear your latest round went well!! As soon as I get my lbl/bl paid off I plan on getting breast implants and maybe a thigh lift with Dr. L. Thanks for sharing your experience!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

enufisenuf
on 2/27/12 1:32 pm - Gold Hill, OR
I don't know if you have found someone yet but I consulted with a couple of surgeons in Phoenix area (which isn't too far from Las Vegas).  Both specialize in massive weight loss patients.  One has been documented in many TV news programs.  Both seem very competent.  One is Sean Lille M.D., the other's last name is Mezahari.  I know people come from out of town and are quite satisfied.  I have heard that Dr. L is good and a Dr. Kaufman in LA area specialize in MWL patients.  I have heard that many of these procedures started at the University of Pittsburgh in PA if you have a risk of complications. 

Most Active