Are you serious?!

Jmbrown081
on 4/6/12 7:29 am
 My seroma has not been going away, and was continuously draining large amount, so my surgeon decided to put a drain back in. My seroma was above my back incision, and so that's where my new drain now resides.... In my back!  I was surprised that he numbed me up right there in his office and put it in. It's not as uncomfortable as I was expecting it to be, I am not even noticing that it's there, most of the time.  I'm not allowed to shower, because my surgeon happens to be one of those that doesn't allow showering while drains are in :(
I have already drained  a little more than 400cc's from the bulb in just 24hrs, so hopefully it all comes out quickly and then I'll be done with all of this.
kathkeb
on 4/6/12 12:06 pm
I hate to read this ..... I hope you heal quickly and get to lose the drain.

Keep your chin up, in the big scheme of things, this is a blip in time .... You can do anything for a short time!!!
Kath

Looking_Forward
on 4/7/12 2:28 am
 I hope this resolves quickly...glad to hear it wasn't a painful process.
Cindy

j_j_miller
on 4/7/12 2:47 am
 I am sorry you have to go back to drains again. Just wondering How large was your seroma? Also how long did you have it before he decided to drain it? I would assume once you get it in, I hope once you get it in it will improve pretty quickly. 

Jennifer
Jmbrown081
on 4/8/12 11:31 am
Thank you all! My new drain has been putting out about 200cc's every day, so it doesnt seem to be slowing down at all. My surgeon said that if this doesnt work, that he would inject something into the drain cath to make everything inflame and stick together, so there would be no more room for fluid.... That doesnt sound fun though, and I'm hoping it doesnt come down to that. It sounds kind of painful.
Lee ~
on 4/8/12 2:32 pm - CA
 I hope you get this resolved quickly!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active