when did you know you were ready for plastics?

Mary B.
on 4/12/12 4:06 am
I understand I'm not near ready, but seeing my belly just from 254 to 215 is awful. Loads of loose skin already and I have a lovely apron that makes wearing jean comfortably pretty much impossible. 
What weight were you, and how did you know it was the time for plastics? 

Also, did anyone had the awkward love role where their butt dimples should have been? I have always had this and it only seems to get bigger, not smaller? What I'm asking is WILL IT EVER GO AWAY?!?!?! haha and did you need surgery for it?

*I'm did not have WLS, I'm doing this all naturally with diet and exercise, not sure if that's a factor either*
sublimate
on 4/12/12 4:46 am - San Jose, CA
I knew I was ready when the surgeon told me I was. I went in there expecting he'd tell me to lose more weight, and hoping he'd tell me how much. Instead I was thrilled that he felt I was ready for a lower body lift. I love it!

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

Iam_with_the_Band
on 4/12/12 7:35 am, edited 4/11/12 7:36 pm
99% are ready when you get to your goal weight and have no intention to lose more weight. The best results are when you are done losing. I had my first procedure before goal because of back pain, but had to have a revision. It is more expensive that way and my result isn't as good. Hang tight and get to your final goal.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

ruggie
on 4/12/12 4:28 pm - Sacramento, CA
I agree with Iam_with_the_band.  When you're at goal weight.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

siberiancat
on 4/12/12 10:46 pm - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
My plastic surgeon wanted me at goal and holding at goal for a few months.  Took me about 2 yrs post RNY to get to that point..

Best wishes, Penny
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Cynthia Snyder
on 4/15/12 11:22 pm - Butler, IN
Hi Penny! You look great! Can you tell me the name of your plastic surgeon? God bless!
siberiancat
on 4/17/12 1:47 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
So nice to hear from you.  I met this surgeon at an Obesity Help conference in Ohio a couple of years ago.  He specializes in body sculpting after massive weight loss..

Name: Ayoub Sayeg MD - he is in a suburb of Detroit (in Troy).  I would recommend him - only problem is the distance (4 hours for me).

www.yournewlooks.com

Let me know if you want any more info - or I'd be happy to meet for lunch or an ice tea or something.

Penny
 Penny

Cynthia Snyder
on 4/17/12 2:44 am - Butler, IN
That would be great! I'll look him up online. I think it would be worth the drive! You look WONDERFUL!!!
Maureen K.
on 4/13/12 9:14 am
 MY surgeon askedif I was happy and at goal and done losing I said yes since I was below my goal weight started 236 got plastics at 142 after plastic lost a lil more to 135 very happy that I waited til I was at goal 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

siberiancat
on 4/17/12 1:48 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I agree with you Maureen.  I was a few pound under goal and since plastic surgery I've lost 10 more pounds that I hadn't planned to lose.

If I would have had surgery before goal, I'm afraid I'd be unhappy with the resulting sagging skin.

Blessings, Penny
 Penny

Most Active