Doctor visit today 1 week after TT, questions

Debra Welker
on 5/9/12 7:59 am - Kaukauna, WI
Had my first post op visit today they took out one drain and about a third of the staples. Have to go back on friday to have the other drain taken out, then again next week for more staples. They said it looks good, a little swollen but that should go away. My weight is still up about 4 pounds from surgery day and I cant fit into any of my regular pants?? is that from the fluid retention, being swollen? not really sure and how long before I can wear regular clothes? Deb
kathkeb
on 5/9/12 10:23 am
Deb,
I did not have any drains or staples with my tummy tuck.

It was about 2 weeks before I could get into my biggest pants.

I wore sweats a lot, but got into my regular clothes about 3 weeks out.

The swelling will go down.
Kath

Debra Welker
on 5/9/12 10:22 pm - Kaukauna, WI
how come no drains or staples? how did they put it back together?
pagek77
on 5/17/12 12:03 am, edited 5/19/12 12:27 am
I had a tummy tuck yesterday. My surgeon told me the swelling goes down week after week and by 1 month, there will be 30% swelling remaining. Then a couple more months for that to go away.

ETA: I didn't have staples either. He used dissolvable stitches underneath and steri strips (like stron tape) on top of the incisions. I' m only 2.5 days post-op so I still have my drains which he thinks I might for another week or so. I haven't even tried putting on jeans, just wearing comfy yoga pants with elastic waistband.

kb64
on 5/24/12 2:09 am - Clarksville , TN
I did not have staples either. Just steri-strips. My PS really encourages keeping paper tape over incision while its healing and his nurse says it makes a big difference in the look of the scar latr on, so I changed the paper tape every 2 days over my incision.
Most Active