My teeny tiny foray into the PS world

julesGA
on 5/11/12 3:07 am, edited 5/11/12 3:43 am - Brunswick, GA
As I have lost weight I have noticed the naso-labial folds on my face have become more prominant.  I can cover my arms, I can wear spanx but there wasn't much I could do about my face.   Even though I feel fantastic the deeper folds made me look tired.  So, I took the plunge on Tuesday and got Juvederm injections.  Holy cow, what a difference it made!    I am beyond thrilled.    

An unexpected by-product of WLS - vanity!  LOL      

msnewme
on 5/11/12 3:09 am - Houston, TX

congratulations Jules - I know you will be much happier each time you look in the mirror. Congrats on your weight loss, too. Keep up the good work.

Sharon

julesGA
on 5/11/12 3:43 am - Brunswick, GA
 Thank you!  :)

Laura in Texas
on 5/11/12 4:59 am
Good for you!! I definitely need that, too. Can I ask how much it cost? You can PM me, if you'd like.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

julesGA
on 5/11/12 5:21 am - Brunswick, GA
I don't mind posting the price.  I used one syringe and it was $500.  I had a plastic surgeon do it, I don't know if it would be cheaper at a dermatologist or not.   Either way, it's a lot of money but it was worth every cent!   

I will work on getting some pics.  :) 

Laura in Texas
on 5/11/12 5:00 am
And you need to post pictures

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

AnitaFill
on 5/11/12 6:04 am - San Jose, CA
congrats! would love to see pics.
MrsClaus09
on 5/11/12 8:57 pm
 YAY!  So happy the filler worked for you!  I rec'd Resylane and really can't tell you what a difference it made for my eye troughs!!!  Kinda wi**** could fix my bat wings....and belly....and thighs....
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
dasie
on 5/11/12 9:22 pm
T H A N K  Y O U !!!!!!!  for posting that.  My cheeks have fallen significantly.  I've had 2 consults for face lifts, and both surgeons said the same thing...due to the weight loss.  I have been pondering since Fall whether to have my face or body done.  I connot afford both at this time, possibly never...probably neither.  Anyway...I began thinking I could have my LBL and thigh lift and have fillers on my face and skin resurfacing. 

I read where some say fillers are not worth the $$.  I am sooooo glad you like your results.  That is doable for me.  Do you have before and after photos.

HOW PAINFUL was it?????  My dermatologist told me 2 years ago, because my wrinkles between my eyes make me look angry all the time, I need fillers there and botox and fillers around my mouth.  I think she said that costs $1500, and I don't think that is the doctor fee.  What did you pay?

dasie
on 5/11/12 9:27 pm
I appreciated your honesty to the poster on the other thread.  I'm a coward.  I don't like confrontation, so I usually stay out of stuff unless I can't control myself.  I'm not a good debater.

Most Active