Anyone have PS before a pregnancy

Patricia R.
on 5/15/12 7:08 am - New Oxford, PA
I am scheduled for a LBL and arms on May 30.  I asked the doctor during my first consult if I could have another child afterwards.  He said yes but to wait 6 months after having the surgery to start trying.  He said that having a baby afterwards may reverse "the work" done but not too horribly bad.  I already have 2 kids now but hubby and I think we may want one more but like 5 years down the road.  I was okay with my decision to have the PS now and baby possibly later but now I'm starting to have second thoughts.  Maybe just nerves about the surgery.  I really want the surgery now and to be honest, I'm very unsure about another baby in the future.  But I'm worried that if I did have another that I would have to have a revision or something.  I only want to do this once.  Does anyone here have any personal expreience with this???   
KeepOn
on 5/16/12 12:18 am
During my consultations for a LBL the surgeons recommended not doing it if you plan to have children. Since I'm in my mid-forties this was not an issue for me, so I really didn't pursue it anyfurther.

I would recommend to you that you ask the surgeon "Specifically " why some surgeons would say yes and some say no. You need to be scientifically aware of the reasons.... not just this is the way some surgeons feel. Have the surgeon expain in detail what the worst case scenario would be if you chose to have a child later (after the surgery), what issues might have to be addressed.

As you can tell, I don't like simple answers. There is always more to them and I encourage people to get a complete answer. Note: if a surgeon has a problem answering in this fashion, I personally don't want anything to do with them.

It is not to late to be calling him with these last minute questions. This is a very important decision. And he should be willing to answer.

Best of luck to you.
Most Active