HELP!!!! Thoughts PLEASE! Pics.

Jmbrown081
on 5/17/12 3:34 am
Well, I spoke to the main nurse, who got a hold of my surgeon in the operating room, while he was working on someone else. Looks like I'm back on the pain meds, and some anti nausea meds, which I'm not looking forward to, because they both make me incredibly sleepy, but I dont have a choice because nothing else seems to help in the evening time when things get bad.
As for my belly button, I have a prescription for some kind of antibiotic cream that they use on burn patients to help regenerate the skin cells, so hopefully that will help clear things up there.
My surgeon pretty much ordered me to rest until Monday, to see if we can get some of the drainage under control.... With a 4 year old though, thats easier said than done. Diuretics wont help, I cant remember the exact reason that they gave because I just feel so overwhelmed, but they cited a few studies, and it made sense to me to I didnt push the issue. If the drainage from the seroma doesnt go down, then he's going to try injecting some kind of sclerosing agent to see if that fixes it, and if that doesnt fix it then he said that I will need surgery to remove the lining of the seroma pocket. Hopefully, it doesnt come to that. He said the seromas are way too large to expect my body to be able to reabsorb them, so thats not even a possibility to consider at this point.
I just never expected to be going through all of this at this stage in my recovery.... I thought my now I would be healed and just dealing with a little bit of minor swelling every now and then. I wonder if I'll ever get better :(
Thank you all for your replies and your support, I appreciate it so much. Its times like these that make me so glad that I found this board.
PluggingAlong
on 5/17/12 4:46 am, edited 5/17/12 4:46 am
 So sorry you are experiencing this. I am supposed to resting too but with 3 kids and a crazy end of the year schedule it's so hard to let go. Plus I have to get back to work - work from home but still work!) I hope your Seromas resolve with the drains and they stay in! Good Luck!

Consult Weight-323 / SW- 312 / CW-173/ GW-155
Starting BMI: 65.2 Current BMI: 34.9

Most Active