Please help!! Plastic surgeon rec. in MA or New England

scalingback1
on 5/23/12 3:06 am - Mashpee, MA
 Hi all, after losing more than 100 lbs, I am researching plastic surgeons in MA and having a very hard time.  For some reason there is very little input regarding this here on the East Coast.  Cost is an issue but above all I want an excellent outcome.  
I'm the queen of research and hate to blindly make appointments.
I have contacted MASS General hospital to see if they still have a residency program but not heard back.  Suggestion/experiences/ cost would all be most welcome.
Sick of this saggy body!!!  Want to look great like so many of you here!
Thanks!
Paula

First goal reached at one year.    
 "What is, is. What will be, is what you make it."  Unknown

Crazeru
on 5/23/12 3:58 am
I went to Monterrey Mexico and Dr Sauceda.  I had an LBL, BL, AL, and inside groin thigh lift.  4 days later a full neck & face lift.  All under $20k.  You can click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line and it will take you over to our group here.  There are 4 ladies heading down to Monterrey in June.

One thing that you want to look for is a PS that has experience working on WL patients.  Our skin is thin, stretched and a mess compared with little mommy make overs.

There is a Post Surgeries and Surgery Schedule in the stickys, lots of info about going to Mexico and Dr Sauceda... Plus, all of our stories and threads about our experiences.

Dr Sauceda will be in Las Vegas June 1st & 2nd and is available for consults. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

scalingback1
on 5/23/12 4:30 am - Mashpee, MA
 Thanks Chris

MissCamp26
on 5/23/12 11:45 am
Hi Paula,
 I am booked with Dr. Michael Tantillo. He is out of Longwood in Brookline and came highly recommended. I met with two other surgeons, but Dr. Tantillo made me feel the most confident and comfortable. Of course, the proof will be in the results, so I'll keep you posted. I am having my lower body lift and medial thigh lift on July 13th. I am SOOO excited!

scalingback1
on 5/23/12 12:36 pm - Mashpee, MA
 I think I saw that name today in my research. I'll check him out.  If its not too personal, would you give me an idea on cost?  I am interested in both those procedures and a few more!
I can imagine your excitement! 
Best if luck and keep me posted, thanks!

MissCamp26
on 5/24/12 2:47 am
No worries... The total cost for a lower body lift with buttock augmentation (transfer of tissue) and a medial thigh lift was $24,000. I was fortunate that my insurance is covering the cost of an abdominalplasty (about $8,000). When I began losing weight, I suspected that this would be the result, so I've been saving all along. To be honest, Dr. Tantillo's fee isn't unreasonable, but the costs for the anesthesia and hosptial stay (I have to be there for 2 nights) are REALLY high.
Most Active