Home from x tummy tuck and brachio

Anne D.
on 5/24/12 6:08 am
Well I survived my extended tummy tuck and brachioplasty, done yesterday morning, came home early afternoon yesterday. I am lucky to still have a pain pump for the lower area and the arms don't hurt too bad at all. I had my first post op appt this morning and everything looks so good. I can't get over my slim arms! I have ace bandages to my elbows and a binder on my belly. I'm amazed I feel as good as I do. I will post pics when I'm able. I got pics of the skin they cut off too. Let me know if anyone has any questions. Thanks to you all for being such a great support for me pre op.

Spedteacher59
on 5/24/12 6:35 am - Levittown, PA
Congrats!!! Glad to hear everything went so well and your pain is minimal. How do you get your doc to give you the pain pump. The surgeon I chose didn't mention one at all. Is this regular procedure or do all docs give the pain pump???

Thanks,
Kathy
Anne D.
on 5/24/12 7:26 am
It was just there when I woke up! Lucky I guess.

kathkeb
on 5/24/12 11:01 am
I had to pay for my pain pimp..I think it was 150.00 and beyond worth it.

Ask your surgeon about it.
Kath

Spedteacher59
on 5/25/12 8:15 am - Levittown, PA
WOW.....that's great. I hope my doc will offer that to me. I would definitely pay for it if I could get one too. Did you have to ask or were you offered the pain pump????

Thanks a bunch,
Kathy
pagek77
on 5/24/12 7:48 am
Anne, so glad to hear you're feeling well so far this early out! It seems like most of the time people's arms hurt VERY badly so it makes me afraid to get mine done. I hope they continue to not hurt too much! I'd love to hear how your arms continue to heal/feel because I'm interested in that procedure.

Kathy, I had an extended tummy tuck last week and my doctor had told me beforehand that there'd be this pain pump connected to me via little tubes right above my pubic hair by the drains that would slowly drip numbing medicine (it's some soft of pressurized rubber ball thing) into me for 3-5 days and because it's pressurized, and eventually runs out, it slowly weans you off of it. You should ask your doctor if they use that. I think it's called On Q. I don't know if all doctors use it because another PS I had a consult with did not mention that. I am sure that pain pump made me hardly feel any pain from my TT so I am SO glad I had it. In fact, I didn't even feel the drains pulled out today, unlike the other day when the breast drains got pulled out, that hurt like hell!
Anne D.
on 5/25/12 1:51 am
My arms haven't really hurt at all, and they look so slim I can't believe it!

pagek77
on 5/25/12 3:27 am, edited 5/25/12 3:27 am
That's great! I hope you continue to have a good and easy recovery!

If you don't mind, I'd love to see pictures when you're further out if you don't mind sharing. My arms are AWFUL. They look worse than my 65 year old grandma's ;). But I'm afraid to have my arms done because frankly I think you're like the first person who hasn't had horror stories :). I hope you continue to heal easily and well!

ETA: fix typos ;)
Anne D.
on 5/25/12 5:33 am
No problem I will get pics as soon as the ace bandages are off.

Most Active