Another Question!

jlyn412
on 5/30/12 7:53 am - Atlanta, GA
Hi Everyone! It's me again! I was reading some posts in the 800 pages, and came across one in particular. It mentioned she rented a power lift recliner from rent-a-center for a few weeks after surgery. Has anyone had any experience with a power lift chair being helpful? I'm doing tummy tuck, inner thigh lift, breast lift w/ aug, and an arm lift at the same time....I was thinking it might be difficult to stand up. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

TT/TL/AL/BL with Aug 6/15/2012! Looking good so far!

Laura in Texas
on 5/30/12 8:23 am
Wow. I definitely think you need one unless you have full-time care for the first few weeks. Getting in and out of bed will be tough for you. I only had a lbl/bl at the same time but my mom's adjustable bed was a godsend.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Angela S.
on 5/30/12 8:50 am
 I didn't have a power lift recliner or even a regular recliner. I cushioned a gravity chair that worked great for the first week of recovery.  I had a LBL, went home the same day although I had a foley for the first 24 hrs so I didn't have to get up to pee.  Depending on how long you will be in the hospital, I'm assuming with everything you're getting gone that you will be staying overnight, I'd definitely get the power lift recliner.  I had my arms to lift myself up and down. You will not. I'd also suggest a medical toilet seat and / or a big filter so you can pee without sitting completely down. 

Good luck!

Maryatt50
on 5/31/12 6:30 am
 I used my recliner to sleep in for about 3 weeks - However, I think I could have adjusted things in my bed and it would have been okay.  My TT went great.  I had my drains out in less than 2 days - I haven't had a lot of swelling - My scar looks fabulous.  You are having more work than me so I think you might would need a lift chair.  Good Luck!
Jujuvee
on 5/31/12 9:09 am
My lift recliner, shower chair and raised toulet seat were a life saver. Anchor cut 360 and brachioplasty. Having revisiond done in November to both arms and stomach to re tighten and at the same time will be getting a thighlasty and a breast lift. Yeah... I'll be renting the chair again. $96 for a month from a medical suppley store. Delivered and picked up.

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

Most Active