My breasts look smushed

blondie0803
on 6/25/12 2:16 pm
Hi everyone. I have heard that right after having a breast lift/breast augmentation, the breasts might not look "right" for a little bit. So my question is, how long did it take for your breasts to settle or look how they are supposed to? Right now, mine feel really smushed up high under the muscle and are not as large in size as I expected (surgeon said between a D/DD). I just had the surgery on Saturday, June 23rd but I was too drugged up to remember to ask how long until they look better, lol. I see the surgeon on Saturday but was hoping for some insight from all of you.

Also, I felt I handled my tummy tuck in March like a champ, but the soreness from my BL/BA is surprising to me and I am curious how long it may take for the pain to subside as well. Granted, I am already tapering way down on my Oxycodone and trying to rely mostly on Ibprofen since I hate feeling all drugged up day and night....so maybe the extra pain is my fault (but I took myself off Oxy 4 days after my TT).

Anyways, sorry for rambling. I truly am grateful and I know my breasts will be magnificent....I just want to know WHEN.... :)
Weight on Day of Surgery: 261lbs
Current Weight: 152
 lbs                
I am 5'3" and 29 years old. 
Tummy Tuck done on 3/6/12 w- Dr. Vincent DiNick
BL/BA done on 6/23/12 w-Dr. Vincent DiNick

Lizzy25
on 6/25/12 3:26 pm
 Hahaha! I laughed at your post's title. Accurate! Mine looked like that too at first. I was PISSED when I came out of the drugs enough to peek under the bandages, I said "They're TINY!". 

Your pec muscle hasn't stretched out, the implant is shoved under there really tightly, and the muscle is gripping it and compressing it. Also, it has not dropped into place yet. If you're not my friend already, friend me and go look at my BL/BA album, you'll see how ridiculous mine looked at the start. 

Some people are just blessed and their implants drop into place in a matter of a few weeks. Others (like me) have to wait up to 4 months for their breasts to look like actual breasts. Yes, 4 months. Well, they looked ok at 3 months. But they will continue to settle and change for about the first full year. And as they drop, and the pec muscle stretches out and heals, they will be less compressed, thus larger, and will feel much much softer. 

The soreness is due to that muscle being lifted up and having an implant shoved underneath. I don't even remember the first 3 days after my operation, I was drugged to the gills because of the pain. It was at least as bad as my TT. 

A really really excellent website for BL/BA information is jusbreastimplants. Sometimes the forum here censors my posts when I try to include links to other sites. But if you search for it, their forum there has literally thousands of women who have had breast surgeris or are having them, all discussing every imaginable aspect like recovery, size, complications, etc. 

Woohoo for you!! I LOVE my new leche bar (as I like to call it) and I think you'll love yours too once they drop and soften up! 
"The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." -Bertrand Russell
5'9 HW: 297 GW: 160 CW: 161
blondie0803
on 6/26/12 1:53 pm
 Thank-you so much for your response! I feel EXACTLY the way you describe. I will definitely check out that website for sure. And I appreciate you saying it hurt at least as bad as your TT. I have been trying to compare the two and thought I was being a baby this time around maybe because it is so soon after my TT and I am tired. Lol. But no, it is just really really sore. :P

Thanks again!!!
Weight on Day of Surgery: 261lbs
Current Weight: 152
 lbs                
I am 5'3" and 29 years old. 
Tummy Tuck done on 3/6/12 w- Dr. Vincent DiNick
BL/BA done on 6/23/12 w-Dr. Vincent DiNick

Most Active