Help Needed: Bra Band Comfort and Concealment

blondie0803
on 7/11/12 7:35 am

Hi Everyone. I had a breast lift and implants 2.5 weeks ago. When I saw my PS today, he said I am still very swollen and he wants me in a bra band now instead of a bra (to push the pec muscles down I guess and to lessen the swelling so they drop). Well, it is SO UNCOMFORTABLE! It itches a little, hurts my incision on my left breast (I ended up shoving cotton balls to try and cushion it a little) and now I feel an uncomfortable pain/pressure on my back.

Last thing that is upsetting is that I am going on vacation tomorrow and now can't wear any of the tank tops and sundresses I bought. I can't wear anything without the bra band being noticeable! You can see the bra band even if I am in a t-shirt (which I really can't wear at my office at work). 

I am sorry I am whining...I have been doing good at being so positive but now I am so uncomfortable and upset about my lack of clothing options. Any advice or words of encouragement is greatly appreciated!  
Weight on Day of Surgery: 261lbs
Current Weight: 152
 lbs                
I am 5'3" and 29 years old. 
Tummy Tuck done on 3/6/12 w- Dr. Vincent DiNick
BL/BA done on 6/23/12 w-Dr. Vincent DiNick

Lizzy25
on 7/12/12 3:20 am
I'm so sorry, I know your pain! I had to wear the strap for a while too and my back was always aching, I could only wear bulky sweatshirts to hide it, and it was irritating.

I found that using 2" wide ACE bandage instead of the strap I was given was SO much more comfortable, more easily concealed, and more adjustable. I just wrapped it around the to of my breasts snugly so that if provided about the same amount of pressure as the strap. Yes, my back still hurt at the end of the day. But not quite as badly. And I could loosen it a bit to give myself a break. It also lays flatter on your chest so it's not quite as hard to conceal. If you need to cut the ACE bandage so that it's shorter (you don't need to wrap it around a million times, you only need 2-3 passes) you can do that.

Good luck, hopefully you won't be wearing it for very long!
blondie0803
on 7/15/12 3:21 am
An Ace bandage is a great idea! Thanks! I have actually been getting through it the last few days since I was on vacation and hadn't seen your reply. But alcohol definitely helped me overlook the discomfort, lol. I will definitely try out the Ace bandage though seeing as how my surgeon said it could be 2 weeks OR MORE that I need the wrap.
Weight on Day of Surgery: 261lbs
Current Weight: 152
 lbs                
I am 5'3" and 29 years old. 
Tummy Tuck done on 3/6/12 w- Dr. Vincent DiNick
BL/BA done on 6/23/12 w-Dr. Vincent DiNick

Most Active