White plastics things trying to push out of my skin

Patricia R.
on 7/10/12 3:34 am - New Oxford, PA
I have what would appear to be these white plastic things trying to come out of my body.  They are "U" shaped.  My incisions are healed over so these things are trying to push out of my healed skin.  It doesn't really hurt but just knowing that they are there is bugging me.  I go back to see the doctor in a week but thought I would ask if anyone knew what these are.   Will they dissolve?  If not, do I have to be cut to remove them?  Or will they eventually push through my skin and come out that way?   
(deactivated member)
on 7/10/12 4:41 am - CA
I have had two of those--do they look like fishing line? My doc said they were "deeper" stitches and sometimes they work themselves out. I hope that helps!
Patricia R.
on 7/10/12 4:59 am - New Oxford, PA
No, it does not look like fishing line.  They are white, appear to be plastic (they are hard) and they are shaped in the form of a U. 
Kelly_W
on 7/10/12 5:36 am - Barstow, CA
I have experienced the fish line but not the u shape hard plastic.  Keep us updated....
Sue C
on 7/10/12 5:50 am - Fargo, ND
I would call your dr.  I know deep stitches resurface but I never had anything like you mention.

~ Sue ~

257/162/150

Crazeru
on 7/10/12 9:38 am
Did he use plastic staples?  I know that I spit a few deep stitches out.  Once they were out enough, I could pull them with the twizzers.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Patricia R.
on 7/11/12 4:57 am - New Oxford, PA
Apparantly these are internal staples.  They should dissolve in a few months but if they persist I will probably have to have these removed.  The removal can probably be done in the office. 
Most Active