Upper Back Lift Wounds Opening

feistyemm
on 9/2/12 9:51 pm - Westchester, NY
Not having a good day! Feel like my whole upper body is about to fall apart.

I had both an upper body lift AND implants.

This morning my wound opened under my LEFT arm -- NOWHERE near any of the pain I feel. It was totally unexpected, as the wound looked like it was healing very well. Then, later this afternoon I looked at the RIGHT side around the same spot as the LEFT, and it looked dark. I touched it and it felt thinner than the rest of the wound line. It looked like it was about to open as well. I happened to be at my friend's house -- a doctor (a shrink who doesn't like blood, actually). She put a large steri-strips on it to hold it together until I get to the surgeon tomorrow morning (coming in on Labor Day to meet me). Neither of these spots have had ANY pain, but they must be a high stress area. I'm staying as still as I can, but this is making me nervous. Now I feel like ANY or ALL of the wounds can open at this point -- like the inside stitches must be evaporating and now everything is unsupported.

I have a history of my lower body lift 5-6 years ago, where about 9 inches of my back opened up one night -- scariest night of my life -- so my fear is not out from left field. That's why it took so long to do this surgery.

Ugh -- I feel like such a mess!

Marla a/k/a Feistyemm
Surgery Date: 4/21/2005; HW: 333/ SW: 271/ CW:133/ GOAL: 150 or UNDER

Highest BMI: 54.7; BMI Now: 22.6 -- Jeans before surgery: 32. Now: 6
PS: 2006/7 LBL, Bracheoplasty & Upper Thigh Lift. 8/2012: UBackLift & Breast Implants
(redone 3 times). 7/17/18: vertical thigh lift (needs to be redone - left too much skin) &
replacement of 1 breast implant due to rupture (still needs to be fixed due to placement).

bamabelle16
on 9/3/12 8:45 am
 Oh my! I can feel your distress! I sure hope things get better for you soon! I too am trying to stay still. It is very difficult!
feistyemm
on 9/3/12 2:23 pm - Westchester, NY
Thanks for your support. I went to the surgeon this morning. He used 8 stitches to close the wound on the left side. He also fortified the wound on the right side with some kind of brushed on liquid dermal stuff, and then used steri-strips. He said that the area I'm having trouble with takes a lot of stress and the wound opening there is known to happen to Upper Body Lift patients from time to time. My next visit is 9/20 unless something else occurs. I'm carrying a medical bag around now!

Marla a/k/a Feistyemm
Surgery Date: 4/21/2005; HW: 333/ SW: 271/ CW:133/ GOAL: 150 or UNDER

Highest BMI: 54.7; BMI Now: 22.6 -- Jeans before surgery: 32. Now: 6
PS: 2006/7 LBL, Bracheoplasty & Upper Thigh Lift. 8/2012: UBackLift & Breast Implants
(redone 3 times). 7/17/18: vertical thigh lift (needs to be redone - left too much skin) &
replacement of 1 breast implant due to rupture (still needs to be fixed due to placement).

Most Active