Buttocks Lift with Auto-Augmentation Anyone have one?

laura_vermont
on 9/6/12 2:53 pm
 I am awaiting insurance approval (or denial) of a buttocks lift with auto-augmentation.  Has anyone here had this procedure?  How did you cope with the sitting restrictions?  

In case it was called something else.... this would be a buttocks lift, but instead of removing all the excess skin / tissue, it is rotated to build new buttocks.... no sitting is permitted for 6 weeks because it would limit the blood flow to the transplanted tissue.  

I have been trying to brain storm sitting options -- other than lying down and standing.

High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Laura in Texas
on 9/6/12 6:48 pm
I had it. I was never told no sitting. Why would insurance cover it??

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

laura_vermont
on 9/6/12 6:56 pm
 I have skin splitting down the "crack" from the weight of the excess.  Even my primary does not feel that it would be a cosmetic procedure in my case.  I'm not overly optimistic about coverage -- but it doesn't hurt to ask.
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Lee ~
on 9/8/12 8:00 am - CA
 I had butt flap augmentation. The flap of skin above my waist that was removed during my lower body lift was inserted into my butt below the waist to give me curves.  I also had the fat fom my thigh liposuction inserted into my butt.  I have quite the little bubble butt now.  This is a procedure that Dr. Sauceda does for those of us with a pancake tush.

I was able to sit/ lay on it immediately. It took eight months before I could lay on the floor for yoga or Pilates.

I don't know if this is the procedure you are looking at having.  My skin was in my crack as well but the lower body lift addresses it.  I hope you can get it covered.  I was self pay.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

laura_vermont
on 9/8/12 8:09 am
 Thanks for the reply!  Yes, the surgeon explained that the flaps from above would be rotated in to provide some fullness.  She said that I wasn't a candidate for lipo, so that isn't an option for me.  

I wonder what the difference is with the sitting restriction?  She was very clear on this, so I'm sure I didn't misunderstand.  She even indicated concern about getting home from the hospital - which is only a 45 minute drive.  

I was looking at things like a kneeling chair and using it backwards?  I'm sure that laying or standing all the time would get old fast.  

proudauntie
on 9/14/12 3:33 pm - Honolulu, HI
I had this procedure 11 weeks ago.  I didn't have any restrictions about not sitting.  I just couldn't bend forward for a couple of weeks.  I spent most of the first two week propped up in bed. I had more swelling with this surgery than I did the others.  It did take 11 weeks but I'm now able to do everything I use to do.  If I do alot of walking or exercising I do still swell.  I went back to work part time after three weeks and full time after four.  Hope that helps.
laura_vermont
on 9/14/12 4:59 pm
 Thank you!  It really is helpful to hear from others.  Are you happy with the results?  I think things are looking up -- surgeon scheduled my pre-op visit -- just got the notice today by mail & hope for good news on Monday!

Most Active