Not happy...yet. Recommendations needed assp

cleos_mom
on 10/27/12 6:09 pm - phila., PA
BUCKS COUNTY PLASTIC SURGERY in Newtown Ps
Right off I 95
Dr Lam did all my work, he does surgery at Barix Clinics in Langhorne where they mainly do WLS and PS , so there infection rate us 0
Chk out. My profile photos
Susan
DrL
on 10/30/12 12:28 pm - Houston, TX

Hi Sandra. Well congrats on your accomplishments and I guess I just wanted to comment on some of the issues you raised. 

There are many factors that go into the decision for plastic surgery and I would say the most satisfied patients I have come to know over the years of doing post-bariatric plastics (been at it since 2001) are those who have lived with their weight loss surgery for some time and have come to terms with the excess skin. 

Some decide it "is what it is" and surgery is not really an option. Others seem to have decided on plastic surgery before they even lose all their weight.  But it's the "taking time to think about the reasons" that are most important, I think.

Some decide it's a just physical hassle, or a bad reminder of their former self, or it doesn't match they way the feel on the inside. Others feel they deserve to look good after the hard work. Many reasons  and "though all  are different, all are great" as the famous INXS song goes.

My 2 cents is that I often hear patients express concern over what others say and feel about the decision for surgery. Sometimes this comes from concern over a large surgery, or maybe not seeing what you see in the mirror, and many other reasons.  To this I can only say that there is no more personal decision to be made in life than  what you do with your own body.  The decision has to be an inside job, and those around you need to come to grips with this to support you.  I see this as a barrier for some patients.

My best wishes on this part of your journey, and BTW I feel Dr Capella has an excellent reputation and many years of experience with this type of procedure.

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
NoMore B.
on 11/29/12 4:50 am

I'm a little late to this thread, but wanted to add that I had full plastics with Dr Joseph Capella:  LBL, BL/BA, Arm Lift, and Inner Thigh Lift.  I am THRILLED with the results, and the quality of care I received.

He's in Northern NJ, definitely check him out.

Lumberguy1
on 12/1/12 12:43 am

I've posted about my experience with Dr. Capella in another thread.  I am six weeks post op from a body lift (w/stomach muscle tightening) and an arm lift.  I am having a thigh lift in two months.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Capella and his staff.  I wrote a more extensive reply in a another thread if you're able to search for posts by user name.

Good luck.

Most Active