LLSurgery Tues

SweetLilyAnn
on 11/2/12 2:27 pm, edited 11/2/12 2:28 pm - TX
I am so inspired reading everyone's posts. We are a very brave and strong group. I had not really thought of this before reading a recent post, but Do y'all think that I need a shower chair and a toilet seat raiser (not sure of the real term). I live alone but will have nurse visitation and friends/family to assist.

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

SweetLilyAnn
on 11/2/12 2:33 pm - TX
Oooops i hit "submit" too soon. I wanted y'all to know that I am having a LBL/BL and if you think that I need it, where do I get these items? Thanks....

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

kipz303
on 11/3/12 4:42 am

I didn't think I'd need one of the toilet seat raisers or anything but let me tell you, if your arms are strong enough, it saves your tummy from being used so much and you wont have as far down or up.  I am using a walker right now, not so much to help with walking but because of pain medications and blood loss (hemoglobin is down to about 8) I'm super dizzy so I keep the walker with me in case I lose my balance.

You can check medical supply places near you or some pharmacies have them.  If you have to look at things like craigslist keep in mind of things being sanitary - you can also put a walker over your toilet, it wont have the seat part to raise but it will give you the "handles" to hang on to if needed.  I have people here with me constantly; my mom, dad and husband and have 2 friends I can call on at a moments notice but I'm stubborn and like being independent.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions or just want to talk you can email me ([email protected]) some of my posts may be confusing as my pain meds make me a bit loopy.

RNY - August 13, 2010

LBL - October 29, 2012

a total of 271 lbs lost!!

Most Active