Lopsided thigh lift scars

scalingback1
on 11/21/12 1:24 pm - Mashpee, MA

I am 9 weeks out from lbl and inner thigh lift. The inner thigh scars go from groin to knees. The problem is that the left thigh scar is more towards the back and about the lower third can be seen from the back. The scars are very thin and are still slightly raised and  red. I know they will fade and they really look much better than I anticipated, but it bothers me a lot that one can be seen from the back.  Has this happened to anyone?  If so, I guess I'm hoping to hear that in the long run its not very noticeable.  It will really stink if after all the pain and expense I still am too uncomfortable to wear shorts. I know I look a hundred times better and am very happy about the outcome except for this. I'm trying to stay positive and not get too upset about this. Thanks for letting me vent!

First goal reached at one year.    
 "What is, is. What will be, is what you make it."  Unknown

SweetLilyAnn
on 11/22/12 12:18 pm - TX

HI there. Thank you for your post.   I just had a LBL and BL (2 weeks out) and am about to have the brachioplasty in a few weeks, and what has concerned me the most about my next surgery is the visible scar. I have done some "personal work" about my journey and thought about ALL that we have gone through and I have to think, that if someone were to glance at the scars on my arms or belly or breasts, then, well, they just do.  It's my body, it is my journey and if they judge me for the battles that I have been through and subsequent scars, then so be it.  But the REALITY of life is that everyone is so consumed with their own crapola and people will more than likely NEVER EVER EVER EVER notice your scar.  That is what I am telling myself because for the FIRST time in my  life I could possibly wear a sleeveless shirt or a bathing suit  - where my sagging , saggy arms have prevented it.   Now, I will have those saggy arms replaced by a long thin scar.  I am going forward with the idea that no one will notice my scars and really NO ONE will really care.  I hope that this post makes sense.  I hope that it helps.

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

scalingback1
on 11/23/12 6:41 am - Mashpee, MA

It does help. Thank you for taking the time to answer so eloquently. It reminds me that my own "personal work" is a life long process and sometimes those internal scars need additional attention.  I wish you a speedy, uneventful recovery in this and your upcoming surgery.  Enjoy the new you!

Penny V.
on 12/1/12 2:13 am - Orleans, MA

My scars are more toward the front.  When I have my breast lift and augmentation in the spring, he will do liposuction as he didn't do it at the time of the thigh lift. He wanted to ensure the blood flow wasn't compromised for healing.

I hope you feel more comfy about the shorts. I wore the 2 piece bathing suit when I was in Florida (heading back 12/27-text me about where you will be-we may be driving through the end of January - gonna rent the place out for a few years).

And, yes, I would much rather have the scars than that awful extra skin. I am so thankful that I have taken the journey that I have over the past few years. My whole life has changed!! I am so thrilled to be a thin person with energy. I can bend over, sit the grandkids on my lap and the new experiences with my husband are AMAZING!!

Hang in there!

scalingback1
on 12/3/12 8:28 am - Mashpee, MA

Hi Penny. We are in Pensacola for the next 2 weeks then head to key west.  Glad you got to show off your new bod. You go Girl!  I am sure I am going to require some scar revisions and my right thigh.  The best part is no more saddlebags!  My clothes fit so much better.  Wonderful to be able to wear everything on my closet and there aren't 3 different sizes! 

I hope to have the revisions done when I have the girls and my arms done in April. My son is getting married this summer and I plan on looking fantastic !  Take care!

Paula

Crazeru
on 12/5/12 9:11 am

I had everything done at once.  I was out dancing 2.5 mo later.  My arm scars were still a bit red, but not one gentleman said a word.   They are fairly thin and white now at 23 months out.  I'd much rather have the scars than the extra skin.  It does help that I don't care what other people think!  Maybe just too old to worry about it.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

scalingback1
on 12/5/12 10:14 am - Mashpee, MA
Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I'm glad you are so happy with your results! And it's good to hear the scars aren't very noticeable with time
Take care

Most Active