Question about LBL being done in two stages

Tess145
on 1/22/13 4:38 am - Senatobia, MS

Has anybody had a tummy tuck, mons lift done first and then later gone back and had the butt lift, lateral thigh lift done and any revision surgery needed.  If so, how did your results turn out.  Are you glad you did it in two stages or do you wish you had done it all at once?  Any input would be appreciated.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

godzilla
on 1/22/13 6:01 am - Israel
Hey Tess,
I had TT in August 2011 and the mons was lifted.
In July 2012 had Breast Lift with revision from TT.
I am planning thigh lift -has to be done in two stages as per PS recommendation (lipo and after six months the thigh lift).
My HMO denied my claim and I am appealing.
If I had a choice, I would have preferred as mich possible done at one time.
Best of healing and minimal lain.
Mikimi in Israel
Tess145
on 1/22/13 11:02 pm - Senatobia, MS

Thank you Mikimi.  I have been following you for awhile and I know you have had your surgeries done little by little.  Do you think they would have been better if done all at once, not just for you healing but the overall look of them.

Tess

PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

godzilla
on 1/22/13 11:21 pm - Israel
Tess,
I think that having more done at one time woild makebfor smoother scar lines.
But I did/do not have such an option.
We have to deal with thecoptions as we have them.
At least here we can listen to one another and support each other along the way.
In Israel and in a public hospital, the protocol seems to be one or two procedures at a time and not several as with what I have read on Dr.Sauceda. Oh how I wish i could have thing done with Dr.S.!
Mikimi
Crazeru
on 1/22/13 9:25 am

I had the LBL done with a BL, my arms and a small thigh lift.  4 days later a full neck and face lift.  I had one recovery period.  That was 2 years ago.  I'm now back in Monterrey for an upper body lift and a revision to my arm.  It was a very easy surgery and I'll be heading home in a week and back at work in 3.  

Once of the points that helped me decide to go with Dr Sauceda is that you have 24/7 care in the clini****il you can make it on your own at the hotel.  Dr Sauceda visits daily while you are in the clinic and at the hotel.  His RN visits you at the hotel, to help you shower and get back into your compression garments.  If your quote is over 7k, everything is inclusive, the clinic, the  hotel, surgery, garments etc.  Your only costs is for food at the hotel, which provides a nice breakfast daily, and appetizers on Tue/Wed/Thur.  There are several places to eat very close, like Applebees, Italianni's, McDonalds, the food court at the little mall, and food at the HEB.  

I really was afraid of having surgery at home  in an outpatient clinic and being sent home with a pain pump.  I live by myself and didn't feel at 58 I would be able to take care of myself.  At the clinic and the hotel I was doing great on my own.  When I came home after 2 weeks, I could manage everything on my own.  I took off 8 weeks with all the body work, this time I only have 3 weeks, but I think I'll be ok.  I'm glad I did everything at once.  Dr S uses an epidural and twilight sedation, so no nausea, intubation etc.  I felt great coming out and was able to talk to both my mom and daughter.  No fuzzy mind.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Tess145
on 1/22/13 9:52 pm - Senatobia, MS

Hi Chris:

Thanks for the reply.  I remember at one time you were concern about the butt flaps and how they looked.  Are you satisfied with them now or did you have any revision work to them?

Tess

Crazeru
on 1/23/13 10:51 am

I love my butt flaps!  It does take several months before they are no longer touchy or painful.  But they give my upper butt a nice rounded look.  

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Tess145
on 1/24/13 8:15 am - Senatobia, MS

Glad to hear that the butt flaps turned out good.  My doctor mentioned them and said that he would see how my "rear" shaped up on whether he would go that route or not.

Tess

proudauntie
on 1/23/13 7:32 am - Honolulu, HI

I had a tt and then a butt lift two years later.  Now I'm going back because the surgeon needs to do a revision on the sides where the incisions meet (I'm going to do the mons lift then).  I'm happy with the results but I if I had it to do over again I'd definitely do it all at once.  I was in my late 50s when I had the tt and didn't think much about my backside but when I asked about lipo for my love handles/muffin top I was told it was skin not fat and would need the butt lift so I went ahead and did it.  My recommendation do it all at once, get the pain/swelling over with and only have to take that once time off from work. 

Tess145
on 1/23/13 9:46 am - Senatobia, MS

Thanks so much for your reply.  When you had the butt lift did you doctor come all the way back around in the front or did he stop on the hip area?  My doctor is going to basically do a 3/4 belt all the way around to meet on either side of the mons area.  That will take care of my scar revision and dog ears from my TT.

Tess

Most Active