Too soon?

cudagirl15
on 2/17/13 2:45 am
I have talked to my surgeon about getting plastic surgery however, I'm not sure if it is too soon. I had the surgery 12-19-11. It has only been about 14 months. My highest weight was 302, I got the surgery at 262, and am now struggling between 160-165. I am 22 however, I do have extra skin on my stomach I would love to get rid of along with getting a boob job or skin removed there. Does anybody have any advice going about this? It is clear from reading everybody's posts how painful it is. I am just looking for advice from someone who can see themselves in my shoes! I am young however, this extra skin is so embarrassing.

Thanks everyone!!
exohexoh
on 2/17/13 3:07 am - West Chester, PA

how long have you been between 160-165? they say you should be maintaining for 6 months to a year before having plastics. then i've read other things with surgeons saying that sometimes you need the plastics to be motivated and physically able to lose more. is the skin hindering your workouts?

i get the young thing. i'm 27 and the skin makes me hate my body more now than i did when i was 100 pounds heavier. at least a guy knew what he was getting when i took off my clothes, now its a nasty surprise lol, so it's definitely hindered my dating life. actually it's been over a year since i've dated because of how uncomfortable i am with my skin. just a few more months until my plastics though!

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

smbergie200
on 2/17/13 9:53 am - Naples, FL

I believe a minimum of 6 months of maintenance is a good idea before getting plastics. You want to make sure you have a grip on being able to maintain because gaining weight back after plastics makes a mess. I'm 36 and totally feel your pain regarding the curse of the extra skin. I hated to even look in the mirror when naked. I'm 11 days post op from my extended tummy tuck and already am able to smile when I look at myself in the mirror. Its a dream come true. Good luck with your plastics - your worth it!

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

Iam_with_the_Band
on 2/17/13 4:43 pm

I think maintaining your current weight for 6 mos to one year is best.  Your result will look best if you don't gain or lose following plastics.  YOU also  have to consider, if you're planning to have children later in life.  Tightening the tummy muscles is a big part of the TT and you may need it done again after you've had your kids.  (if that is your plan)

I don't think it would hurt to start having consults.  If you plan to be self pay, as many are with plastics, you may want to start now saving the money.  Plastics is not cheap and it is good to have the money in place.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Most Active