Tummy tuck and Breast augmentation/lift

want2bsmall
on 2/19/13 11:56 am - NC

I am in the process of having these done next month.  I am looking for any suggestions or helpful tips for when I have this done. I have lost 147 pounds total and have alot of excess skin on my stomach and no boobs literally.  I am getting a lift and augmentation on my breasts.  Just worried mostly about the pain afterwards and drains.  The actual surgery part I am fine with and can't wait to see the results.  Please give me any tips or help with this. 

Just Sharon
on 2/19/13 11:15 pm

I had a tummy tuck and breast lift on January 16th. My pain afterwards was pretty bad but controlled with meds. Definitely take your meds on schedule. If you don't the pain can get out of control and you will have a hard time until the meds kick in again.  The drains are a pain, they just are!  If you can get through the first 2 weeks it will be a breeze!  I would suggest making sure that you have someone to take care of you for at least 2 weeks and definitely get some front closure sports bras!  These are a must have for your breasts!  The more support you have the less pain you will have.  Also another tip that my PS gave me was do not go out and buy all of the medical supplies. He suggested for the tummy tuck incisions and breast incisions to use maxi pads. They are thick and absorbent and definitely cost less. I found them to be very comfortable and they stay in place too! I hope this helps. Good Luck!  You will love  your results!

YummyMummy1
on 2/21/13 5:20 am - Hawthorne, CA
Good for you!
On a tummy tuck, you are basically going to be walking very slow and hunched over for a while until you feel better to stretch out little by little. Just do everything with time and be careful. The drains will most likely going to come off within a week or sooner. The more liquid the comes out the better.
As for the boobs. I can't say anything there. My insurance didn't authorize my lift. How was it that your did? What kind of documentation was sent? What insurance do you have? I'm in need to have them done. I lost 89 pounds and they are sad looking. ;-(
Good Luck!
Most Active