AUG. IMPLANTS NEEDED REVISION -- REVISION WENT VERY WRONG!

feistyemm
on 2/21/13 5:14 am - Westchester, NY

I had implants done in August. I was immediately aware that the left breast was living partially under my left arm, and sliding off to the side completely when lying down, with the nipple flat on the ribcage. I tried wearing a band to try to "train it" but it was ridiculous and did nothing. I

Last Friday I finally got into the operating room for a revision, where he was going to block is from going to the side, and make both of them tighter (they both disappeared when I would lean over). That was it.

The result of the second surgery: My left breast is not only still under my arm, but it has also bottomed out. The right breast is slightly bottomed out, and NOW it also is off to the side. And an added bonus? I now have no feeling in my left nipple. There was never any discussion about going near my nipples!

I can't even begin to say how upset I am. He's been away all week, and I have been "patiently" waiting to see him next Monday. I know I will need this to be surgically repaired, which is one of the things that has me most upset. I wanted to be DONE. I've gone through a LOT of surgery and I thought August was my last, then Friday's Revision, and now will come another!

I alternate between crying and being really pissed off!

Marla a/k/a Feistyemm
Surgery Date: 4/21/2005; HW: 333/ SW: 271/ CW:133/ GOAL: 150 or UNDER

Highest BMI: 54.7; BMI Now: 22.6 -- Jeans before surgery: 32. Now: 6
PS: 2006/7 LBL, Bracheoplasty & Upper Thigh Lift. 8/2012: UBackLift & Breast Implants
(redone 3 times). 7/17/18: vertical thigh lift (needs to be redone - left too much skin) &
replacement of 1 breast implant due to rupture (still needs to be fixed due to placement).

jeterway
on 2/23/13 5:38 am

I am so sorry that you have had such bad experiences.  What did the doctor have to say?  Did he think that the surgery went well or did he realize that there were issues?  It is so sad to make these major steps and then have things go so wrong.  Where do you go from here?  While he/she may be willing to revise you, is that really a good idea given that you have had such issues with this surgeon?  I guess I would have to see what he/she had to say at the post op appointment and adjust my plans based on that discussion.  I too have had an issue with surgery but certainly not something like this.  My thoughts are with you in you efforts to get these issues fixed.

feistyemm
on 2/24/13 8:28 am - Westchester, NY

Thanks for your response -- I have been waiting to see the doctor -- he returns from his vacation tomorrow. My husband took the day off to go with me to see him. It is a good point about having him do any more on me with all the issues I've had with his work. (I've had issues in the past surgeries.) I've been in such anxiety all week about meeting with him, feeling so upset and angry at the situation and how I might have to deal with it, knowing him for so long. It all really stinks.

jeterway
on 2/27/13 9:05 am

So how are you doing?  How did the appointment with the doctor go? 

Most Active