TT on Thursday, looking for advice and tips

MyBariatricLife
on 4/12/13 6:03 am

I am super excited to be having my tummy tuck on Thursday. I only had my surgery consult with the PS on Wednesday. So it is happening very fast. I surely could use the insirs advice and tips pm those who have Lready had the procedure.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyBariatricLife
on 4/12/13 6:12 am

Wondering if I am ok to stay on my own after the second day... Do I need a recliner or lift chair and if so how much are they to rent and where do I get one?

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

emelar
on 4/12/13 7:47 am - TX

I had a LBL and spent 2 nights in the recovery suite, but was on my own once I was home.  Other than having to do a little planning (don't think you're going to be able to jump out of bed and get to the bathroom quickly!), being on my own wasn't a problem.

Make sure you have as much as you can at your bedside (pain meds, protein drinks, snacks, remotes, phone) and that anything else you'll need for a week or two is at easy reach level.  You will NOT feel like reaching up or down for anything.  Get a gopher - one of those sticks for picking things up from the floor.  I was amazed at how many things I dropped.

I was able to sleep in my bed, but made sure I had lots of pillows of different sizes to tuck around me.

Best of luck!

MyBariatricLife
on 4/13/13 10:11 pm

So very helpful! Thanks very much!!! I am reassured by your advice.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Tess145
on 4/14/13 11:46 pm - Senatobia, MS

I would have someone stay with you for the first three days.  I was taking the pain meds and had a hard time moving about.  I rented a lift recliner and be sure you have a toilet riser (god send).  I even borrowed a walker for the first three days because you are bent over and it help me move about better.  Keep your proteins way high for healing.  I took Arnica and Bromelain for swelling and ate pineapple too.  I will be having my surgery on Thursday too for the backside of the LBL (butt, outer thighs and TT repair (dog ears).  I will be right with you on recovery.  Good luck to you and happy healing.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

JenSchroed
on 4/16/13 2:47 am
I walked out of the hospital the day of my tummy tuck. I almost needed help the first night to get out of bed for the second time but did it on my own. I did go downstairs to the recliner after for the rest of the night from about 3 am on. I had surgery on Thursday and went to my boys' wrestling matches on Saturday . . walking slowly but doin' it!

On the journey to something new . . .     

MyBariatricLife
on 4/16/13 7:15 pm

Thank you both for sharing your experience and good advice. I am getting nervous now for my operation tomorrow. I am us all will be well as Dr Capella has done a bunch of these! I just hate anesthesia... Not looking forward to the pain either, LOL.

Good health and healing to you for your procedure tomorrow! It is so great to get rid of this redundant fat... Wish they could get the visceral fat, too! LOL

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Laura in Texas
on 4/16/13 7:51 pm

Have ready to drink protein shakes on hand. Make yourself drink them even if you do not feel like it. Good nutrition is imperative for optimum healing.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

MyBariatricLife
on 4/23/13 2:37 pm
I did buy protein powders and almond milk but I am finding a problem with phlegm in my throat, which is causing me to cough (OMG the pain!). So I eliminated dairy and orange juice from my diet for now as they both cause phlegm. I will try again tomorrow with the protein powrs now that I will be 6 days out from my surgery. hopefully the phlegm issue is resolved. Thanks a bunch!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active