Cream for scars???!!

tayina27
on 4/16/13 12:15 am - Canton, OH

How long should i wait to put cream on my scars like scarguard??? I had surgery alomost 1 month ago

jeterway
on 4/16/13 2:16 am
I started using scar creams as soon as my incisions closed up.

Jenn Convery
on 4/16/13 2:26 am

About 8 years ago I had a breast augmentation. Initially my incisions were BRIGHT RED - A month after treatment I began applying Vitamin E Oil and my scars soon faded to white and laid flat. Vitamin E is the most  natural product that you could possibly use. The plastic surgeon recommended I use the vitamin E oil so since he was recommending it 4 weeks out of surgery I'd say your safe to start using scar treatments.

Some of my friends who have had breast augmentations used silicone scar sheeting RIGHT AWAY, which most plastic surgeons recommend that you use and they swear by it, when I have future surgeries I plan to use this.

If your wound has healed well (no openings) then it is safe to start applying creams. If you've had slow healing or any openings then you should probably wait.

JenSchroed
on 4/16/13 2:43 am
I had tt on March 14 2013 . . . I have been just using liquid vitamin E oil and have been very impressed with the look and color of my scar
On the journey to something new . . .     

tayina27
on 4/16/13 4:04 am - Canton, OH

Thank you everyone :)

Crazeru
on 4/16/13 5:25 am

Sams Club Gene's Vit E cream.  It's in a yellow tub.  Used it back in 2011 and bought another tub for my UBL.  I also used 3M Micropore paper tape and silicon strips.

You can use after your scabs are gone and no openings. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

P. Poster
on 4/16/13 6:22 am

where did you get the tape and strips from?

Most Active