Panni and TT, day after

kawkbw
on 4/19/13 3:07 pm - MA

Hi Everyone!  I had my panni removed and a TT on Wednesday. My thighs are numb and my right thigh is having nerve pain. Even if I touch it with my clothes.  It feels like fire running down my thigh. I also have a pain pump that has helped a lot in being comfy.  Have any of you experienced the numbness or pain? If so how long did it last?

thanks for your help!!

MyBariatricLife
on 4/19/13 5:44 pm
I had my TT and mons done on Thursday and am experiencing a good deal of pain. I only am on Percocet for the pain... Wish I had a pain pump. But I am nt experiencing pain or numbness that you describe. Are you ale to stand straight? On a scale of 1-10 what is your,pain level? Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

kawkbw
on 4/20/13 12:33 am - MA

I have next to no pain at surgery site. I had the anchor cut. I really think the pump is helping control that. I do take Percocet also. I can't stand straight yet still bent over when I walk.  I would say the worst pain I have is my right thigh. Even if my clothes touch it it hurts. My surgeon said its probably because the pain pump may be touching a nerve I work through though.  Speedy recovery to you also!!!!

emelar
on 4/20/13 12:20 am - TX

Nerves are severed during the surgery, so you do get numb patches. My thighs didn't go numb, but the area between my belly button and the incision is still numb (but slowly coming back) three months later. The nerves firing is usually a sign of nerve regenerating, but you're early out to have that happening. As always, if in doubt, call your doc and ask. 

MyBariatricLife
on 4/20/13 4:14 am
I just took my binder off and would say that my entire tummy is numb and swollen. The binder was really masking that. I did not have an anchor cut. I am definitely feeling better than yesterday but still a good deal of pain. Yesterday, I was actually almost regretting getting the surgery, it was that painful. Be well!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Angela B.
on 4/20/13 7:47 am
I had a lower body lift with lipo on my outter thighs in October, and I was swollen and numb from my upper abdomen down to my mid thighs. Six months later and my outter thighs and areas right around my incisions are still numb and just a little swollen some days. It takes a long time for the nerves to heal and for the feeling to come back. Sounds like you are talking to your doctor about your pain level, which is a good thing. Hope you feel better soon, the first three days are the roughest but it gets much better after that!

momma_dee
on 4/20/13 7:53 am
I had a panniculectomy a week ago. I experienced what you did except with my left thigh. I asked my doctor for "an old lady walker" it has helped hugely! It gives me more sense of security. Also, that horrible stabbing pain gets better. What I have noticed that causes the stabbing pain is trying to use the muscles on the top most part of my thigh. My range of motion is better with it as long as I think about how Im moving. Anyway, it will ease up, but you have to move. Try the walker.
kawkbw
on 4/20/13 4:39 pm - MA

Thanks for all your help. I'm going to try the walker. My dad has an extra one from his hip surgery. I'm still walking without one now since I have to move around 

momma_dee
on 4/21/13 12:24 am
It just gave me a sense of security and it keeps you in the proper bent position. I also borrowed a potty seat that sits on a regular potty to give a little more height and it has arm rests. Your nerve issue should ease up, mine has, it still flares from time to time but not like the beginning. Good luck! Stay positive and keep your eye on the goal. :)
kathkeb
on 4/21/13 1:45 pm

Yes, the worst pain from my TT was the nerve pain in my right thigh.

i am 13 months out and still have occasional pain and numbness right above my right knee.

I

Think that the pain pump irritated a nerve on that side

Kath

Most Active