Arm lift folks!

furiosmommy
on 4/23/13 2:28 am - Phoenix, AZ

I'm schedule for my arm lift (with breast lift and augmentation) in just over a month (yay). I was wondering how long it was before you felt comfortable going sleeveless in public? I live in Arizona so of course the sooner the better, but I'm sure my incision won't look so hot for a few weeks at least. I'd love to hear about your healing and rough timeline on when you starting going sleeveless. I'm so ready to ditch the cardigans!

~ Nikki ~  Loving my rad new life!
VSG 1/4/2011

Lost 150lbs, gained back 50lbs.

Back on track and hope to

compete as a Powerlifter soon!!

Laura in Texas
on 4/23/13 4:13 am

I wore compression sleeves for several months. After a few weeks the swelling had gone down enough where I could have gone sleeveless had I wanted to. I had my bracchioplasty in the winter so by spring, I was good to go.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Crazeru
on 4/23/13 5:44 am

I wore my compression garments for 3mo.  My scars were still a little raised and red, but it didn't stop me from wearing short sleeves or sleeveless tops.  I started dancing in April (surgery was in Jan).  Not on of the men that I danced with made a comment about my arm scars.

I had a revision to my left arm last Jan and I've been wearing short sleeves and sleeveless for the last month or so.  One arm has a red scar the other is a very faint line.

I'd rather have the scar than the batwings.  Plus, I really don't care what others think.  Pretty thick skinned after being obese for several years.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

furiosmommy
on 4/23/13 5:51 am - Phoenix, AZ

Thank you for the responses! I can't wait to go out in a dress or tank top without the dumb cardigan! 

I agree completely, I'd much rather have a scar than arms I have to always hide. I've been obese my whole life and even as a kid would swim in t-shirts and wear sweaters to cover my arms. I can't wait to live a little!

~ Nikki ~  Loving my rad new life!
VSG 1/4/2011

Lost 150lbs, gained back 50lbs.

Back on track and hope to

compete as a Powerlifter soon!!

ReadyforPlastics
on 4/23/13 8:05 am

Congrats on your upcoming surgery!!

I had an armlift just over 2 months ago - it included some lipo too.  I am still wearing compression.  I had some wound repair issues (separations) in my arm pits, so I'm not an example of a great healer in the area of arms.  ;)   My scars right now are flat but red.  I could certainly wear sleeveless right now, but if I lifted my arms up, my scares would be quite apparent.  I am imagining that I'll be keeping them covered this summer, just due to the red color - and probably be ready to go sleeveless by next summer.   I'm so used to hiding my arms, what is one more summer? 

I'll take this scar, even if it never improved, over the extra skin anyday.  While I'm still covering my arms, they look FANTASTIC rather than flappy under my clothes now.  :)

I think it will just come down to how self conscious you are about the scar, and how hot it gets this summer! :)  Who knows...  if it's a hot summer, I might be persuaded to let them breath a while. 

VSG December 2011

Choose gratitude. 

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!   Galatians 5:22-23

Most Active