update - first post op appointment with PS

Angela B.
on 6/21/13 9:16 am - Austin, IN
I had my first post tummy tuck appointment today. I'm 11 days post op. I got my stitches out and everything looks good. I still have some swelling of course and the drain was not removed because I'm still producing a lot of fluid. The nurse told me to call when I'm producing 25 cc's or less per 24 hours and they would have me come in to have the drain removed. I was instructed to start using Bio Cream to reduce the appearance of the scar now that the stitches are out. I was given a bottle of the Bio Cream at my pre-op appointment and it is included in the cost of the procedure. I feel pretty good almost no pain at all now. I do get tired easy. I've done some light housework the past few days and it wears me out lol. I plan to return to work Monday the 24th just two weeks after my tummy tuck. We will see how that goes. I'm not sure if I will be able to handle 8 hours per day but I'm ready to give it a try. I have a desk job so it's not physical at all and it's really not a stressful job either most of the time. I'm hoping I can handle it okay.

MyBariatricLife
on 6/21/13 2:04 pm

Glad you are doing so well!!!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

RobynJC
on 6/22/13 12:06 am

Great news!  Good luck going back to work, I had a Lower Body Lift on June 5 and was back working from home on the 17th and worked all week.  It was a long week for me, the stamina is low.  But I managed to actually get a lot done so I would say it was a success.

One thing I did notice, especially in the earlier part of the week was that I had a tough time following conversations (conference calls) sometimes.  Now that could also be because after 8 days out, stuff happened that I needed to catch up on (aka normal vacation brain) but I also think my stamina had a lot to do with it.  I was checking my Blackberry while I was out (heck, I was emailing folks on it at 1:00 AM from the hospital) so I was fairly up to speed.  So be mindful of that and if you have any big decisions to make, you may want to take special care.  (I made my poor team go over something Monday for 25 minutes before I gave them a decision.  I was feeling like I wasn't grasping it and normally I would have right away)  -- That did get better as the week progressed though. 

So be kind to yourself.  If you need a little extra help, ask for it.  And naps when you get home are never a bad thing.  :-)

Good luck!

Most Active