Breast lift tear

BetsyDP
on 6/22/13 2:47 pm - East Lansing, MI

I'm 5 weeks post op.  breast lift and developed a tear a vertex of anchor  incision last week.  It is about the size of an eraser or a bit bigger.  PS said to use gauze and neosporin.  It has remained the same in size and I occasionally get sharp, quick zapping pains in that area. I wore a different sports bra for 3 hours tonight and had more severe and consistent pain this evening in the general area.  Enough to take pain meds.  Think I should call PS again?  Anyone else have open wound in this area?  How long did it take to heal?  

godzilla
on 6/22/13 3:46 pm - Israel
I had wound healing issues.
Each PS has different protocol for different situations.
Get someone,,or you, to photograph the area and email it into your PS and then call to verify PS got it -and do not only speak to nurse. Do not wait. Better caution to be on the safe side.
Mikimi in Israel
P. Poster
on 6/22/13 11:23 pm

In my experience, these incision openings take a LONG time to heal.  All of mine have taken well over 6 months to close once they opened.  I was told to use gauze and Bacitracin (when they were small like that) but follow your surgeons protocol.  I would keep any and all pressure off the area, completely, until its healed.  If bras put pressure on the opening, you may have to go without, but again, check with your surgeon on that.  I agree to take pics and document EVERYTHING and to call your surgeon about the increase in pain.  Ill also tell you, my open wounds hurt, a LOT, and still do.

Angela B.
on 6/23/13 5:40 am - Austin, IN
I had a couple small openings in my TT incision. I used steel strips to hold it closed and seems to be healing well now. Different procedures so it may not work the same but wanted to share my experience just in case. And I also agree with the other responses...call your PS. I hope you can get this resolved quickly.

Angela B.
on 6/23/13 5:44 am - Austin, IN
Oops typo... steri strips not steel.

wls2011
on 6/24/13 2:04 pm - Ballston Lake, NY

I am dealing with this currently. I am 3 weeks out. Pain, redness, fever are all signs of infection, so be careful. I have done lots of research on wound care, and wet/dry method, moist wound bed is the consensus for quicker healing. I am doing saline wound wash, medical grade manuka honey dressings, changing and documenting every 24 hours. So far so good, no infection, and areas improving. But it is scary and time consuming. And sometimes I think wth did I do to myself, but this is normal, for some of us, the healing is much slower than ideal. Also more common at the T junction with anchor, I just found out. It all eventually heals but sometimes sutures need to be removed, if they are causing delay in healing. Sometimes antibiotics are needed, let us kniw how it works out.

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

Laura in Texas
on 6/24/13 10:59 pm

I had several small openings along the way. My surgeon told me to use Xeroform on them (gauze infused with antibiotic ointment). mine all closed within 2 weeks. I never had any pain with my breast lift.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active