arm lift revision

Patricia R.
on 7/18/13 4:19 am - New Oxford, PA

So I'm getting ready for an arm lift revision.  I had it originally done, a little over a year ago and my arms are uneven with a considerable amount of skin still left on my left arm.  Although I (as well as friends and family) feel more can be taken off the right arm, they are not willing to cover the costs of it.  Shockingly, I was told flat out that "they can not pay for my unhappiness" and I don't have another 2,000 to cover the costs so I'm letting it go.  However, I have a small dog ear on the right arm that they are willing to fix however they are saying they will have to lengthen the scar even more and can not guarantee that the dog ear would be removed.  I thought dog ears were fixable?????  She was pretty blunt about it and said that "it worried her , that the dog ear bothered me so much".  She then said that I was being unrealistic.  Have anyone had arm lift dog ear repaired?  What was your experience?  As an added note, I went to the University of Maryland Residency Program.  Yes, I know they are students and I got what I paid for but there's been a ton of people who go through a residency program and have great results.  I am in need of more procedures and plan on doing the research and going elsewhere, even if it will cost more.  If you can recommend anyone, within 2 hours of Gettysburg PA, please let me know.  The only reason I am following through with this revision at the same place is I would like to get what I paid for or at least come close to it.          

jeterway
on 7/18/13 11:22 am

Well my surgeon is in Philadelphia, which is right on the 2 hour edge of your requirement.  He is Stephen Kovach and is located at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.  So far he has done a hernia repair and a thigh lift on me.  I really can't say enough good things about him.  He does excellent work, he is easy to talk to, he is very compassionate, he is very patient, and he is very knowledgeable.  I have been seeing him a little over a year getting these things done and I am going back for some more work next month.  I would highly recommend him if you want to make the trip.  He uses a surgical center right across from the hospital.  Costs are more reasonable than I expected.  He is honest with you about what can and cannot be done.  If he thinks you wont get a good outcome with something you are asking about, he will tell you.  He is not out to just take your money, he wants you to be happy with the results.  If he doesn't think its safe to do as much as you want in one procedure, he will tell you. 

Patricia R.
on 7/18/13 8:26 pm - New Oxford, PA

I found Dr Kovach online the other day.  It's about 2 1/2 hours away for me.  I've heard that surgeries are typically cheaper in a surgical center than a hospital.  A thigh lift is something I will be needing as well and probably a long incision too (not sure what that one is called).  May I ask what the thigh lift cost you?

jeterway
on 7/18/13 9:30 pm

I carried a lot of my weight in my hips and thighs.  No matter how much I worked out, I could not get rid of it all.   I have a long vertical incision in my inner thigh along with a small horizontal incision in my groin.  The skin on my inner thigh was also a very thin texture.  Much of that is now removed along with some large volume lipo of the hips and thighs.  I am very happy with the way that they look now.  I used to have difficulty with pants - they would fit everywhere else but the thigh.  That is no longer an issue.  I had to have a revision to get my final results.  There was only so much that he could safely do in one procedure.  That is one of the things that I like about him - your safety is his main concern.  I forget the actual numbers but I believe my cost has been a little over 8000 including the revision.  That is more reasonable that I thought - I was originally thinking 10-12000.  Any procedure that is a same day surgery procedure is done in the surgical center and yes there are reduced costs for using that facility rather than the hospital.  There are other doctors in this practice but I have not used them.  I love his work and like I said, I am going back for more work by Dr. Kovach next month. 

MyBariatricLife
on 7/18/13 1:57 pm

That seems unprofessional to me that they will not cover the revision. My surgeon does not charge for revisions. Also her attitude needs an adjustment.

good luck!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Patricia R.
on 7/18/13 8:33 pm - New Oxford, PA

They are covering the revision on the left arm but not the right.  They are saying that the right is fine and if I want it redone, I have to pay for it.  With the left arm, its obvious.  Alot of skin was left on it.  Everyone but the doctor feels that more could have been taken off the right but doctor does not feel that way.  So if I want it done, I gotta pay as they can't pay for my "unhappiness".  She is offering to fix the "dog ear" on the right arm but says it might be unfixable and I might still have the dog ear regardless and a bigger scar.  I thought dog ears were fixable.  Do you know anything about dog ears?  And yes I agree with you, this doctor does need an attitude adjustment.      

MyBariatricLife
on 7/18/13 10:14 pm

Yes, dog ears are fixable. I saw photos of some egregious dog ears by other surgeons that my plastic surgeon fixed. Good luck to you!!!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active