Help

lswaney
on 8/20/13 10:42 pm - Whiteman AFB, MO

I had an anchor tummy tuck done march 29th of this year at KU medical residency clinic and I had horrible results:(. They failed to take enough saggy skin and now I have a muffin top from hell:(. They plan to remove more skin in their office through local anesthetic on the 29th of this month.  I have so much more that I don't know how they can do it without putting me under.  Has anyone had this problem before??  I'm so frustrated I don't know what my options are!  I can't afford to have someone else do it over.  I've only heard great things about this place and now I'm so not happy with the results.  Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!  TIA

Tess145
on 8/21/13 1:03 am - Senatobia, MS

I had the FDL/Anchor TT last May 2012 and my doctor erred more on the conservative side above my belly button.  He did not want to much stress on the t-section that might pull away and cause healing issues, necrosis.  Needless to say, I had no healing problems.  He told me he could remove more skin later after six months but my scar would be higher between my breasts or if I decided to get a breast lift, he could remove the excess with a different cut under the breasts that would look much nicer.  I chose to wait.  If I had decided to have the higher scar though, he would have still put me under at the hospital instead of the office.  It is one thing to be stitched up from a cut but a whole other thing to me, to have part of me removed and then stitched up.  I am not going to be awake for that!

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

lswaney
on 8/21/13 2:29 am - Whiteman AFB, MO

That's where my whole issue is above my belly button:(. They could have cut me higher up but they didn't want to either.  I healed very well also and had no issues.  I guess I will find out how they will take care of this on the 29th.  I also plan to have a breast lift with augmentation BUT having a different surgeon do it!!

MyBariatricLife
on 8/21/13 4:49 am

When that surgeon does your breast lift, he possibly can do a reverse tummy tuck which is where he pulls the excess skin up into the breast incision rather than down into the typical tummy tuck incision. You may want to ask him about that. The office is not going to be as sterile as an OR.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

lswaney
on 8/21/13 12:58 pm - Whiteman AFB, MO

Good point!!  Thanks!

Mell
on 8/23/13 3:18 am

I had an anchor on July 24th, I am not super tight and still have some room. My right side might need the same procedure you are going to have done because it sticks out above the incision line. I am confused about this type of procedure and how they can do it in office also. Please keep us posted on your experience. Thank you!

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

lswaney
on 8/25/13 10:24 am - Whiteman AFB, MO

I'll keep you posted!!  

Most Active