Started plastic surgery research and lots of questions

yex1
on 8/25/13 12:02 pm - NJ
First my background.
August 10th was 4 years post ds.
starting weight: 486
current weight: 265 for the last 2 years
My body decided to settle at this weight. I Have alot of extra skin and a hernia.
i want to remove skin from abdomen, arms, legs, back, mons, and a breast lift and implants.

Questions;
has anyone else gotten plastic surgery when they werent under 200?
how much skin and weight could they remove?
How many stages did you have your surgeries in?
cost?
any reccomendations for surgeons in new jersey area?

i have other questions too but thats all i can think of now.

thank you

"Nobody trips over mountains.  It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble.  Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain. "

"Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.  Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before."  ~Jacob A. Riis

jeterway
on 8/25/13 12:35 pm
Several people on this board like dr. Capella in north jersey. If you are near Philly, I would recommend dr Kovach at Penn medicine.

MyBariatricLife
on 8/25/13 2:23 pm

I had gained weight and I was close to 200-lbs but not quite there. I had a tummy tuck in April and am now in size 8 jeans. I lost 20-lbs with 6-lbs of that being what they removed. 

I am scheduled for another surgery on Oct 10th (6-mos after TT). I will have the TT converted to an LBL, inner thigh lift, arm lift, flankplasty, breast lift, mons revision/monsplasty.

My final surgery will be face/neck lift and implants. Hopefully I will not need any revisions.

Dr. Capella is doing all of my surgery. He is one of the top 3 plastic surgeons in the nation for massive weight loss patients, and has one of the largest experiences with this patient population in the world. His prices are very good and consults are free. 

If you send me a friend request you can see my before and after photos. The password to view the albunm is "capella."

I also recommend you see Dr. Kovach as Jeterway recommends. I have not met with him but she speaks so highly of him and that says volumes to me.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

yex1
on 8/26/13 9:27 am - NJ
awesome results. thank you. his name never came up on my searches. i will have to look in to him

MyBariatricLife
on 8/26/13 9:36 am

Thank you very much! There are a few other of Dr. Capella's patients on this board. Perhaps if you post asking about him they will reply. We all think he does amazing work.

You may read about my experience with the tummy tuck and Dr. Capella if you like. He was really great with aftercare when I thought I had a seroma. 

http://www.healthcentral.com/obesity/c/276918/160586/bariatr ic-abdominoplasty-ch?ap=831

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Wingnut2012
on 9/4/13 5:41 am
VSG on 07/24/12
You mentioned that Capella is one of the top three for massive weight loss patients. Who would you name as the other two?
MyBariatricLife
on 9/4/13 10:25 am

In my research I have not found anyone who produces the results that Dr. Capella does. I have wanted him to do my surgeries since 2006. I guess it is a matter of how you slice the data as to say who is top, e.g. who has the most billings in a year, who has the most cases in a lifetime, etc. For me, it is all about results. I look at the leaders in the ASPS community - e.g when the members of the american society of plastic surgeons leave their practices for a few days to attend their medical conference who is it that they are listening to, who do the plastic surgeons admire in their field. I would put Dr. Aly and Dr. Rubens up there (although I have read that he can be not so good with the bedside manner).

Check out this agenda http://www.plasticsurgery.org/Documents/medical-professional s/meetings-education/BSBC2013/ASPS_BreastandBody_2013Brochur e.pdf

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Crazeru
on 9/5/13 5:33 am

You may want to look into Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico.  We have a group here on OH and a FB private group.  You can click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line and it'll take you over to our group here on OH.  There's over 200 pages of people's journey through their PS experience.  I documented my journey in Jan 2011 and Jan 2013. 

Dr Sauceda uses an epidural and twilight sedation so he can do more surgeries at the same time.  I had a LBL, BL, arms and small groin on a Thursday and a full neck & face lift on Monday. 

Others have had to stage their surgeries due to the large volumes of skin.  Dr Sauceda hand-sewed Tom's very large hernia before doing his LBL, arms & thigh lift.  Documented in Jan 2011. 

I had the DS and only lost 65lbs.  So I was still overweight, but had been weight stable for 2 yrs before I had my body work done.  I didn't lose any extra weight from the surgery, but only had 3lbs of skin and a liter of fat removed.  I did gain about 10lbs before I went back this year, but after my upper body lift, I've lost 10-14lbs depending on the day.

Do a friend request and I'll send you my password for my pics (they are stored in Dr Sauceda's group photo section).

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active