Dr. Joseph F. Capella Interview: Plastic Surgery After Weight Loss

MyBariatricLife
on 9/1/13 2:03 am

By now all of you know how much I admire Dr. Capella. What you may not know is that I regularly write a column on HealthCentral's Obesity site. As such, Dr. Capella was gracious and generous to contribute his time and vast knowledge to an article on plastic surgery after weight loss. Our goal was to help patients learn about body contouring after weight loss, understand the criteria to look at in choosing the right surgeon (this part was so enlightening to me), and how to make plastic surgery more affordable. 

It was an in-depth interview and is being published in multiple parts. As of today, you may read parts 1-7 here: http://www.healthcentral.com/obesity/c/276918/162591/intervi ew-capella-plastic-1?ap=831 In the coming weeks I will post the parts of the article covering affording plastic surgery.

I learned a lot during the interview with Dr. Capella. I hope the article proves as useful to you as it has been to me.

Wishing you success on your weight loss journey!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

godzilla
on 9/1/13 2:16 am - Israel
Looking forward to reading through all the parts.
Mikimi in Israel
MyBariatricLife
on 9/1/13 2:22 am

TY! I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

godzilla
on 9/1/13 5:28 am - Israel
Your interview is well-written and a shame more of us did not have access to such a thing before we went for our consults and surgeries. Hopefully you will be helping a new group of post-op successful WLS patients in making a more informed choice for their bodies.
Mikimi
MyBariatricLife
on 9/1/13 7:25 am

Thanks again! All these months that the article has been in the works, I have been dying to post it every time someone here had questions about the surgery. I hope it helps a lot of people!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

NoMore B.
on 9/1/13 5:41 am

I had a LBL, Arm Lift  and BL/BA with Dr Capella a few years ago.  He is amazing, and so is his staff.  

MyBariatricLife
on 9/1/13 7:30 am, edited 9/7/13 12:34 am

Joanne, I just sent you a PM. I am having my tummy tuck converted to an LBL, medial thigh lift, arm lift, flankplasty, breast lift, and mons revision on Oct 10th with Dr. Capella. Then I will have one more surgery for the BA and face/neck lift. 

Yes, Scott is great and Dr. C is nothing short of amazing. I agree! 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MSSEXXC74
on 9/1/13 8:22 am

Another great story!

MyBariatricLife
on 9/1/13 8:55 am

Thanks so much! I appreciate your kind words.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Trish06
on 9/2/13 12:03 am
DS on 12/06/12

That was a nice article thanks for sharing.

Trish

DS 12/06/12 Dr Kemmeter

Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 8/14/2014

Lbl, bl/ba, al, tl, fl

HW/255  SW/239  CW/129

Most Active