Tummy Tuck 1 day post op and concerned!!

mrschriscross
on 10/10/13 9:29 am - Oswego, NY
I had an extendedd tt yesterday and came home yesterday. The surgeonsaid everything went well but when I took off the binder to adjust it I noticed I do not have a flat stomach. It looks like I have two udders, one on each side of my belly button about 5 inches long and about two inches wide. I am worried that they are going to be something permanent and that I willstill have trouble wearing shirts that fit. Has anyone else experienced this? Pre op I had a large apron and an upper stomach that went up slightly in the middle and hung down on both sides and reminded me of boobs.
Feel Free to Add Me on FACEBOOK just search for my name Angela Cross or [email protected]  Also if you could put you are from OH in the request it would help. Thanks :)

HW / SW / CW / GW
320 / 305 / 213 / 185   Updated 3-27-11

mrschriscross
on 10/10/13 10:00 am - Oswego, NY
I forgot to add he removed 17 lbs of excess skin and tissue

Feel Free to Add Me on FACEBOOK just search for my name Angela Cross or [email protected]  Also if you could put you are from OH in the request it would help. Thanks :)

HW / SW / CW / GW

emelar
on 10/10/13 11:04 am - TX

17 pounds - wow!

I'm sure what you're seeing right now is a result of swelling and probably pulling from internal stitches.  It will be months before you can really see what your final result is going to be.  Right now, just concentrate on healing, resting, and stuffing as much protein in your system as you can!

godzilla
on 10/10/13 2:12 pm - Israel
Swelling is normal for the first few months even with binder. We hate the binder and wait for the dauber are allowed to remove it- and yet many of us return to wearing it part-time as it really helps against the swelling
Suggestion: tale a pic once a week front and side and track your changes in appearance.
Drink slowly and rest but also move around; up your protein.
Enjoy the new aspect off your weight-loss journey even if within the ups and downs of the aftercare of your plastics.
Mikimi in Israel
Laura in Texas
on 10/10/13 8:37 pm

Strange. I have never heard of that. Mine was flat since day 1.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

MyBariatricLife
on 10/10/13 11:54 pm

Mine was flat after surgery. It swelled when my doctor removed the drains ato me week post op but mostly in the lower ab.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

oola123083
on 10/11/13 3:17 am

When they do a tummy tuck they really can not address the excess skin of the upper abdomen, even if the pull down far enough to get rid of your natural belly button and create a new one for you. This has to do with the way the skin is attached to muscle... there is only so much that any tummy tuck can do for that 'below-the-the-boob roll'. There are two remaining solutions for the excess skin which remains in this area... get an anchor scar (where the cut vertically up the center of your abdomen and pull your skin around your waist and ribs tight), or a corset trunkplasty (same idea as the anchor scar except instead of one scar down the middle of your abdomen they cut two vertical scars up your sides from hip to armpit), or get a reverse tummy tuck (where the go in though the scars at the bottoms of your breasts from the breast lift, and pull that upper abdominal roll up- it doesn't leave much additional scarring except for a line connecting the two lower breast scars from the breast lift in a horizontal line across the sternum). I had this problem too and chose the latter solution. I went about 3 years in between my first and final stages of plastics. Everything is so markedly improved that its not that big of a deal. Except I did still have to wear spanks to mask this lingering problem area... and my whole motivation behind wanting post weight loss plastics was to one day live my life spanks-free!! So, for me, going back and having this final procedure was worth it. However, after all the work you've had done you may be so ecstatic with your results that you realize this one little area of excess skin, in the big picture, might just be something youre ok with...

3.5 years out--  I am 5'10", 29 years old  

HW: 345,  SW: 320,  GW: 180,  CW: 172 ............... NEW GW: 165

mrschriscross
on 10/11/13 3:21 am - Oswego, NY

I did not have a breast lift.the only plastic surgery I had done was my Extended tummy tuck this past weds.

HW / SW / CW / GW

mrschriscross
on 10/11/13 3:28 am - Oswego, NY

Also it wasnt right below my boobs, it was more towards my old belly button.

HW / SW / CW / GW

oola123083
on 10/11/13 3:34 am

Thats the same area... its any excess skin that originated above your original belly button. Talk to your Dr, but also wait and see what happens after the swelling subsides, it might be just a product of swelling and trauma to the tissue, since you're so newly out from surgery, or you might want to ask him about the reverse tummy tuck as a stage 2. Either way your going to be SO excited by how great you look after a tummy tuck that it might be negligible.

3.5 years out--  I am 5'10", 29 years old  

HW: 345,  SW: 320,  GW: 180,  CW: 172 ............... NEW GW: 165

Most Active