hello

moonglo82
on 10/21/13 2:34 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
Good evening all my husband is having an extended tummy tuck and chest contouring tomorrow morning, and I think I'm more nervous than he is! He deserves this opportunity... he's lost 200 pounds and kept it off for almost two years now... but I'm scared lol.

I just wanted to stop by and say hello. I might be on here over the next several days and weeks... I figure whatever I can learn here is a good thing. I should have done this before now but I honestly felt fine with it until a few hours ago... several of my close friends have had plastics so I guess I felt somewhat prepared until now.

Any last minute info that you think I need? Thanks!

Courtney

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Tess145
on 10/21/13 11:37 pm - Senatobia, MS

Good luck to your husband today.  Mainly, stay ahead with the pain meds even if he feels okay.  You will hurt like the devil if the pain gets ahead of you.  I used benedryne pills to help with the internal itching and to relax some.  I had a rental lift chair, potty chair and walker to help me around the house.  Keep the protein up to aid in healing the body.  let us know how he is doing.  Congratulations again to him and you.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

moonglo82
on 10/22/13 1:51 am
VSG on 03/29/12

Thanks so much! He's in surgery now.  I'll be sure to post an update later.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

MyBariatricLife
on 10/22/13 10:18 am, edited 10/22/13 10:22 am

Water, protein, water, protein, water, protein. 

Water water water - at least 50% more than you usually drink.

Water and protein heal the body and reduce swelling.

Water helps with constipation. Stay in front of that, too. I freaking hurts!!!! Narcotics are notorious for causing constipation. Stock up on enemas, magnesium citrated, suppositories, laxative, fiber, stool softener... things work differetnly for different people. I swear by the magnesium citrate, but I have used everything except suppositories.

Breath deep, very deep, to prevent mucous in the lungs and coughing, which is a freaking nightmare!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

moonglo82
on 10/22/13 11:29 am
VSG on 03/29/12
Thanks for the wonderful tips! I'll try to help him stay on top of his water intake and get him started with some miralax since we already have that on hand.

Most Active