I was just insurance (UMR) approved for my Panniculectomy and Abdominoplasty :)

TopsyCurvy !!!!
on 11/4/13 1:21 am

WOW! I have been dealing with this for 14 months. I' am so excited, I hope my expectations are  realistic, but really my stomach could only look better and not worse than it does now. Surgery date Nov 14 th. HooRay!! I've tried finding pictures of before and after of women that have had both  Panniculectomy and Abdominoplasty, but can only find one or the other.

scaryreader
on 11/4/13 12:17 pm - Chicago, IL

Congrats! I'm scheduled for Dec. 4th. Please post as soon as you're up to it.

Eve
hw:400+
sw:340
cw:163

Candy V.
on 11/5/13 3:13 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

A panni is part of the abdominoplasty, that is why you cant find both.  You can have a panni (skin beneath the belly button removed)  or abdominoplasty which is the skin removal and muscle tightening and new bellybutton sometimes lipo too.

I had abdomimoplasty covered by insurance too.  You can see my picts on my profile if you want.

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Tigs
on 11/5/13 9:28 am - Petoskey, MI
You look awesome, Candy! Dr. Jeffries did a great job. You don't look like you've experienced the swelling that many others have. May I ask did your insurance cover just the panniculectomy or the entire abdominoplasty? If it was the whole thing, I'm wondering if I or Dr Jeffries office should try to have the rest covered post-surgery. Do you need to wear binder or a compression garment now? Have you been able to return to exercise?

I'm recovering well. I can remove the tape and glue tomorrow (day 14). I can't remember if I can start using Mederma tomorrow or on day 21. I called his office and left a message.

Jennifer
Candy V.
on 11/5/13 9:03 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

My co insurance amt is $1000 on this kind of surgery when medically necessary. So that is what I paid for the whole abdominoplasty.  I am not wearing a binder anymore.   I have done some mild cardio, but no abdominal  exercises till 8 weeks I was told. 

It just feels like I have undies on even when naked LOL  Tight across the hips feeling. 

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

kgkrystal0
on 4/12/16 2:31 pm

Can I ask what insurance you have and how you finally got them to approve the surgery I have been fighting with them for 17 months now. Thank you

NicqH
on 10/30/23 12:27 pm

Did UMR cover your abdonminoplasty surgery? I am able to enroll doing the open enrollment for my job right now & was wondering what plan I should choose through UMR so that my surgery can get covered. I have the options of "UMR EPO or UMR HDHP".

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/6/13 6:36 pm

Does your insurance only pay for the panniculectomy?  I would ask if you can pay a little extra for the full abdominoplasty.  The results of the panniculectomy only are not favorable.  The ones I've seen in real life and here online have looked rather dysfiguring.  They really just remove the skin below the belly button and nothing more.  Some do not lift the mons pubis and no repositioning of the belly button.  Ask very specific questions of your surgeon.  Ask about your Mons pubis, ask about the skin above the belly button, ask about the belly button.  Be very  upfront with your surgeon and make sure you really understand what you're getting.  The biggest problems come from those who just assume they are getting one procedure and then end up with another - a panniculectomy is only the removal of the skin.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Most Active