Thigh Lift tomorrow!

jsm
on 11/6/13 11:17 am, edited 11/6/13 11:51 am

Well my day is almost here and I'm starting to get very nervous.. I was scheduled for 11:30, but received a call this afternoon informing me that they bumped me back to 7:30 am.  I'm glad cause I want to get this over with  Here is what my before shots are of my saggy thighs.  Looking at these pics you wouldn't know that I'm a size 2.

Time to go to bed and try to get some sleep!

JoAnne

hop2bthin
on 11/6/13 12:59 pm - Florence, AL

Congratulations, you will have to show after pictures. I would love to get a tummy tuck, boob lift,& some liposuction on my hips, butt & thighs. Have you have had any of these done ? Good luck, I'm sure you will go through it like a breeze. 

hop2bthin

Tess145
on 11/6/13 10:25 pm - Senatobia, MS

Congratulations!  I hope you have great success and a speedy recovery!  Can't wait to see the after pictures too!  Love the cute witch outfit too!

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

jsm
on 11/7/13 6:47 am

Thanks for the good wishes.  I've been home for about 4 hours and spent that time sleeping.  The surgery went well and right now my pain is under control.  I'm in a compression garment for my thighs and have 2 drains that will stay in for 2 weeks.  I'm walking around the house as instructed and spend the rest of my time in a comfy recliner with feet elevated.

Will post after pics in a few weeks.

Blessings to all,

JoAnne

MyBariatricLife
on 11/8/13 10:34 am
Congrats on making it through surgery safely! I am 4 weeks out from a thigh lift, no drains or CG. I did get a small opening in my groin at the T intersection. Where do your incisions run?

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

jsm
on 11/9/13 4:39 am

My incisions are in the groin area only.  I am seeing some wrinkles towards my knee.  I was worried about the skin not being pulled tight enough to pull the wrinkles out.  I'm sure it's way too soon to be overly critical.  My daughters say my inner thighs look great. I relied on a lot of pain meds yesterday, but since midnight I'm down to 1 every 6 hours.  I'm very sore, sure some of that was from lipo.  Very little drainage yesterday and today.  Amazing how much arm strength I didn't know I had trying to push myself up out of a recliner!  Must say I'm pleased with my recovery so far.

MyBariatricLife
on 11/9/13 6:23 am
I did not really have pain from my thigh lift, and mine runs along the outer labia and down to my knees, aside from the groin opening. However recently my upper right thigh hurts. It feels like it will explode open! I am four weeks post op so I hope it is from swelling. My thighs actually look horrible now, not gorgeous like they did after surgery, so again I hope this is swelling and they will look gorgeous once again. But now I can see cellulite and my knees are really baggy and my thighs are bigger than they were after surgery. I sent an email to Dr. Capella and waiting to hear back. I just hate recovery. I am so glad thwt I got so much done at once this time... Less recovery for my next surgery...

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

PSoftGirl
on 11/10/13 12:33 am - Alpharetta, GA

Looking forward to your update!  I agree the excess skin make thighs look larger out of clothes than in clothes....i see this effect in my own mirror!  Assume based on what i see from pics you are getting a long + groin incision?  Do tell!  My thighs definitely worry me the most!

HW 366 (2004) * HW Pre-OP 271 (VSG) * CW 157 * GW 145

VSG - Dr. Paul Macik (Atlanta, GA) - 7/09

Post MWL Plastics with Dr. Peter Fisher (San Antonio, TX) 12/13

jsm
on 11/11/13 6:40 am

I did not want the T incision, and only got it in the groin.  I'm wondering now if that was a bad decision on my part.  My PS said I would get great results in my upper thighs, but not as dramatic the closer to the knees.  When I pull my compression garment down, I can see some wrinkles I'm not too happy with.  I'm going to change the bandages this evening, so I'll get a peek of the the whole thigh in general.   I'm finishing up day 4, and I haven't needed any pain meds today.  Recovery has been much easier for me then I expected.  Getting up and down from my recliner is getting easier.  Would love to take a shower, but not until the drains come out on the 19th. 

Will definitely post pics after the drains are out.

JoAnne

PSoftGirl
on 11/12/13 1:50 am, edited 11/12/13 1:51 am - Alpharetta, GA

I totally understand the decision to get the "long" is a hard one.  For my thighs, i have your same "shrinkling" but more fat towards the knees (maybe if i was as small as you i would lose it, but the fat legs are somewhat genetic too!) - i am getting an "L" which will start at the knee and go up the groin area and meet up with the LBL incision from Stage 1 surgeries.  Dr. Fisher in San Antonio.

Other approaches from Dr. Agha were to do a two stage lift of t long + a thing he calls a "spiral" that make the "T" as it also travels along your intra-gluteal fold (under your "cheek"!) - but he does not do it in one stage - therefore it was deemed two surgeries.

I am hoping after the LBL pulls up my booty enough to get rid of those shrinkles.  This plus the "L" on the thighs i will look somewhat normal and not have to do a whole "T" incision under the butt cheek - this one makes me nervous.

Who is your doctor?

Keep me posted on your progress :)  I will so be watching! 

HW 366 (2004) * HW Pre-OP 271 (VSG) * CW 157 * GW 145

VSG - Dr. Paul Macik (Atlanta, GA) - 7/09

Post MWL Plastics with Dr. Peter Fisher (San Antonio, TX) 12/13

Most Active