extended TT

mbrown1
on 12/24/13 5:58 am - sunbury, OH

My PS says he thinks an extended TT will be good enough and doesn't want to do a flur de les because he thinks he can make it look good without that large of a scar.. has anyone had and extended TT and been happy with it. I was 258 when I had an RNY and now am 145 and a size 6 he says he doesn't even think I need that much lipo because there isn't really any fat to suck.

drfisherps
on 12/24/13 11:15 am
Hi. Dr Peter Fisher. It is very rare in my hands foran eextended transfixed to work in someone like you who has lost so much weight. It certainly can be done. In my practice I will usually always auto-augment the buttocks, so a circumferential incision is needed. In fact most patients in your situation will require a lower body lift for your situation. This will give you a trip, monsters lift, lateral thigh lift, buttock and or hip auto-augmentation. If needs be obtain a second opinion
Candy V.
on 12/28/13 11:16 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I lost a similar amount of weight and did not need the flur de les.  250 to 136 at surgery, now 132.

size 6 before 2 lbs skin removed

Size 4 now, 3 months post op

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

mbrown1
on 12/29/13 5:18 am - sunbury, OH
you look amazing I hope my results are as good

brownblonde
on 12/29/13 1:00 am

I'm assuming that by "extended TT" you mean that you had a full tummy tuck but not anchor/fleur-de-lis cut?

My surgeon said it was a borderline call for me.  I was 277, got down to 151, now about 156.  Went from 20/22 plus to 6/8 misses.  My weight was fairly proportioned when I was heavy (ie not mostly carried in my stomach).  She said it was a borderline call because it would be impossible for me to get flat tight skin without an anchor cut.  She described it as cutting a basketball in half and then trying to flatter in--impossible.  I'm only 2 weeks post op, but I can tell there is a little bit of skin laxity right around my ribcage.  It's more left-to-right laxity than up down if that makes any sense--as in if she had done the anchor cut, she could have pulled it tighter that way too.  I'm still swollen this early out, so I don't know if this will get worse.  However, I don't notice it at all when I'm standing upright, only when i bend over.  i am very happy that I chose NOT to get the anchor cut because I didn't want that scar.  My stomach was easily concealable under clothing pre-op, so I mostly wanted to have this surgery to feel better naked and in swimsuits.  So this was the right choice for me.  I'm excited to see how it looks once the swelling resolves and once I'm able to begin working out.  Hope that helps.

mbrown1
on 12/29/13 1:22 am - sunbury, OH
Im right there with you. My skin is also easy to hide but I feel uncomfortable naked and in form fitting dresses. My PS said I might have a little laxity near the top of my rib cage but he's gonna try to Lipo it. Im also with you and not wanting the huge scar. So its comforting to hear that you are happy with your decision.

brownblonde
on 12/29/13 1:35 am

I forgot to add that I had 2.2kilos/4.8lbs. of skin removed.  Woohoo!

Laura in Texas
on 12/29/13 7:49 am

I went from 340 to 140. I was worried I would need the fleur de lis but my surgeon was able to give me a tight tummy with only the lbl and not the vertical scar. I had around 2 square feet of skin removed that weighed about 5 pounds. I had no lipo.

The expertise of the surgeon makes all the difference.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

mbrown1
on 12/29/13 5:50 pm - sunbury, OH
Part of me wishes I were having a full lol but down time and money were a factor

MyLady Heidi
on 12/29/13 1:14 pm

Mine looks great, add me as a friend to see my before and afters.

Most Active